Chapter 46: The Second Crack

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"I fucked myself up getting attached to you."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Ray's body slowly stopped shivering from coldness the moment their skins touched since Randy provided her great comfort

Ray's body slowly stopped shivering from coldness the moment their skins touched since Randy provided her great comfort. Ray flutters her lashes as she turns to face him, slowly opening her eyes. She snuggled herself into his chest, making him shiver when her hot breath touched his bare chest. "Hello," he whispered to her and kissed her warm cheeks. "You still have a fever, Ray," he blurted out. "Are you cold?" he asked and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her without her even answering his question. She grabbed the blanket from their waists and put it over their shoulders, keeping herself warm inside his arms and inside the blanket while Randy just watched her snuggle herself right into him. "You're cold, huh," he said and put his hand under her shirt, rubbing her back and providing her warmth.

Ray ignored his words and closed her eyes again as she wrapped her arm around him, pressing him into her body. "You're so warm," she purred like a cat and pressed him some more, earning a giggle from him. "What time is it?" she asked as she finally opened her eyes again and looked up at him, giggling a little when his beard tickled her eyes.

"It's almost 12 p.m., Ray," he whispered before moving his head back to take a look at her. "Do you feel okay?" he asked, worried for the same woman he had been hugging for almost 9 hours.

"A little," she answered and also moved back, letting him stretch his arm when she noticed him flinching. He heaved a sigh and took his arm under Ray's head, stretching and shaking the numbness in his arm. "Don't you have a job to do?" Ray asked.

Randy scoffed and took a glance at her. "Are you kicking me out of your apartment, man?" he asked, giggling at her question.

"Huh?" she exclaimed. "Are you mad, fam?" Randy burst out laughing when she perfectly mimicked his tone and accent—she was slowly becoming more like Randy.

"Are you mocking me, Ray?" he asked with amusement evident in his voice as he looked at the black-haired woman.

Ray huffed air, being playful as if she hadn't gotten hospitalized that same day. "Of course not. Why would I do that to you, Randy?" she said, followed by a cough. "Sorry," she whispered and moved back again because she didn't want to get him sick. She removed the blanket from her body as she moved away from him.

Randy frowned at her actions, clearly not liking them. "Stop moving away from me," he said and pulled her by her shirt back to him.

"Don't." She covered her mouth with her hand as she stood up, and then she removed his hand from her shirt before he could pull her back to lay beside him. "Fuck!" she grunted when she had a headache upon standing, causing her to fall back down into her bed. "Damn it!" She held her head and closed her eyes from the sudden headache. "Fuck!" she yelled in frustration, knocking her head violently.

Randy's eyes widened when he saw her actions. "Stop!" he said, grabbing both of her hands and locking them with his strong hands. "What are you doing?!" he scowled at her as he sat up to look at her while his grip on her wrists tightened. "Stop hurting yourself, Ray!" he said, almost yelling.