Chapter 63: Goodbye, Europe

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"Everything I was afraid of happening, happened."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Beads of sweat rolled down Ray's face as they got off a 2-hour ride from Paris to London

Beads of sweat rolled down Ray's face as they got off a 2-hour ride from Paris to London. Her lips dried up and her guts twisted almost to recognition as her knees shook from anxiousness. It wasn't her first time meeting a boyfriend's family but just the thought of meeting Randy's family makes her anxious because she so wanted them to like her and accept her.

"Let's go, babe," he said and took a glance at her. "Are you okay?" He stood in front of her and held her hand holding her bag. "Look at me, Ray," he said softly as he held her chin anyway. "Your hands are still cold." He glanced at the hands he was holding and noticed them shaking. "Hey," he said and went closer to her before pulling her into a tight hug. "Anxiety?" He felt her nod against him. "Okay, okay." He began rubbing her back for comfort as he pressed his lips atop her head.

"Should we just go back to Los Santos?" She immediately shook her head no. "Okay. What do you want, then? Do you want to eat?" She shook her head again without uttering a word. He sighed sharply then put his bag on the ground and wrapped both of his arms around her, hugging her ever so tight while planting kisses atop her head. "Don't be nervous, baby. My family will love you," he whispered and kissed her over and over again. "I told you earlier that if they won't love you like how I love you, I don't give a fuck about them. I'd still marry you in every church you want."

She let out a small giggle and smacked his chest, earning a giggle from him. "I'm just worried they'll tell you to stop dating me."

"Huh?" he scoffed upon hearing how absurd her assumption was. He let go of his hug around her and looked at her in disbelief. "Are you serious? Believe me when I say that they will thank you for dating a scumbag like me."

Her eyebrows tied in a knot from what he said. "You're not a scumbag," she said and shot him a glare. "Stop degrading yourself as if you are the worst person that walked the Earth because you're not. You're so much better than that," she continued as she held his hand while looking at it. "You have killed a lot of people but I feel safe around you, baby. And that's what's important." She looked up at him again and gave him a smile.

"People may misinterpret you but I won't. Because I love you. And you're not a scumbag because you're the nicest—well, I mean you are not the nicest—"

"Oh, you fucked up, man," he retorted as he playfully glared at her.

She chuckled and hit his chest again before continuing her sentence. "You really aren't the nicest person I know but you are the kindest criminal I have ever met and you are my favorite person ever," she said and even gestured to him with her hands, making him grin.

He placed his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him as he looked at her with a sly smile plastered on his face. "You love me that much, huh?" He lowered his head and kissed her. "Well, I love you this much," he said and drew a small circle in her palm.