Chapter 44: Stay with Me

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"Every inch of me is falling for you."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Trigger Warning: mention of self-harm, abuse

*

"Can you slow down, Ray?" Randy asked with his eyebrows furrowed as he darted his eyes at her. Ray heaved out a sigh before she started speaking.

Flashback

"Is this the place, Mister K?" Ray asked the leader after they arrived at the abandoned house near the lighthouse at the Alamo Sea. She stepped out of the car and looked around, her body shivered the moment the cold breeze of January hit her skin. She hugged herself and walked toward the abandoned house. The house was just a 2-story house made of wood but it still looks in pristine condition, it looks like someone took care of the house. "Is this where I'm gonna spend my next 4 hours, Mister K?" she asked as she walked back to Garrett and K.

Mister K drifted his eyes from Garrett to Ray and smirked. "Listen, Ray. Let's have a deal," the leader said. Mister K walked up to Ray and held her shoulders then pushed her forward as he walked her towards the cliff.

"What are you doing, Mister K?" Ray asked, there was an evident nervousness in her voice as she looked ahead. "Oh, shit!" she said when she saw how high the cliff was from the sea.

"I'll leave you for 4 hours here and if you won't survive, goodbye, then," the leader said, chuckling maniacally. "This is a punishment for seeing Randy when I told you guys not to see each other," he said with gritted teeth.

"How is that my fault, K?!" Ray yells as she finds his ideas absurd.

"It's not your fault, Ray. But I know it'll torment him if he finds out you're hurt. And maybe it would stop him from seeing you in the meantime," the leader argued with a smirk plastered on his face. "Don't worry about it, Ray. You'll just stay here for 4 hours because we'll leave you here. It's easy, right?" He let out a wicked chuckle.

"What?!" Ray hissed in disbelief. "What do you mean you'll leave me here for 4 hours? Where are you going?" she asked with her brows furrowed.

"I mean if you won't survive here in four hours, you're gonna die from the extreme cold. But if you survive, I'll let Randy pick you up," the leader said and placed both of his hands on Ray and removed her bag for her. "I guess I'll see you when I see you." He grinned and pushed Ray off the cliff. "If I see you," he murmured to himself as he watched her struggling to swim.

"K, aren't you being a little too far?" Garrett asks as he walks towards him and looks at Ray who was trying to swim.

"Too far?" he hissed. "All I ask of them is to stay away in the meantime, but they couldn't do it. It's just for a short period of time but they still couldn't do it. They continue to disobey me, what if they both dip out while we were in the middle of a job, Garrett?" he scowled with his eyes red. "It's been almost two weeks since we got back here but we still hadn't figured out how to do the casino because Randy was always distracted. Especially when I told him to not see Ray right after we got back from vacation, he got so distraught. And I'm just helping him to know his priorities first because Chang Gang above all else, Garrett," the leader of Chang Gang argued. "I don't even care if Randy and Ray fuck, I just want their top priority to be CG, especially now that we're ranking last with that fucking Casino heist," he continued with gritted teeth. "So if hurting them will stop them from prioritizing each other, then I don't regret doing this to them," he said with sternness in his voice as he looked back at Ray, who was now floating with her eyes closed while flailing her hands as if she was sailing. "Are you good, Ray?" he shouted at her.