Chapter 73: Full Throttle

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"He was a rainbow, but she was colorblind."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Randy

Randy

"What happened?" I asked after I gave Ellie a glass of water to calm her down. I sat on the center table and watched her as she gulped down the water I gave her while sitting on my couch with tears still in her eyes. "What happened, Ellie?" I ask again.

She put the glass on the table beside me then she looked up at me. I looked at her eyes and saw nothing but sadness.

Is she not mad at me anymore?

I'm so confused. I thought she was still mad at me after what I did to her marriage, but why did she come here? What does she need from me? I have so many questions but she's just looking at me all gloomy and teary.

"What happened?" I asked for the third time. It's already 11:30 and she's been in my apartment for thirty minutes but I still can't get any information from her because she doesn't want to say anything to me. She's just... staring blankly at me.

"Fine." I heaved out a sigh. "You can stay here just for tonight," I said before I stood up.

"Where are you going?" Finally, she said something after being silent for half an hour. "Isn't this your apartment?"

"It is. But I don't live here." I looked at her. "I live somewhere else." I don't want to tell her that I'm currently living with Ray Mond because we are not friends. Besides, I don't know why she's in my apartment because I thought she was with Violet in their mansion. "Just call me if you're leaving my apartment," I said coldly before I staggered towards the dartboard and grabbed Ray's picture.

"Wait, Randy!" I stopped in my tracks with my back facing her. "Could you stay here for a little bit? I just want to talk to you." I heard her walking towards so I turned around to face her, making her stop.

"We can talk tomorrow. I'm tired." I watch her nod a little as she steps back from me.

"W-Where am I going to sleep?" she asked quietly.

I looked around my apartment to see if she could sleep somewhere then I heaved a loud sigh when I saw nothing other than one room, which was my room.

"You can sleep in my room. I'll just change the sheets once you leave." I saw how her mouth dropped from my hostility but I couldn't care less since my mind was still wandering on the picture I had seen an hour ago. "I have to go. Call me if you need something." Then I turned around, getting ready to leave.

"But what if it's you who I need? Will you come for me?" Her question made me stop walking but I didn't bother turning around.

"I have a girlfriend and I'm happy with her."

Am I?

Telling Ellie that I was happy with Ray felt a little weird because of what I had seen, but I said it anyway because I knew Ellie needed to hear that.