Chapter 38: It's Complicated

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"It felt like heaven to flirt with hell."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Ray

Ray

It has been a week since we came back to Los Santos, and since then everyone became too busy with heists and their business stuff since a lot of businesses opened when everyone was gone to take a break. It has also been a week since Mister K talked to me and told me personally that he was going to take me under his wing for the meantime instead of Randy's, that's why I would still get full protection from Randy since I am still his protégé. Though I know I would still have his protection even if I wasn't his protégé—I just have that kind of connection with that guy.

Speaking of Randy, it has also been a week since I last saw him and that was when we were at the airport— when he admitted that he was jealous and when I said that I like him; It has been a week since all of that. It was like he vanished in thin air— that's how busy he was with their heist. Though he would reply to my texts from time to time, that wasn't enough. Hell, I haven't even heard his thick British accent in a week I feel like I'm going through withdrawals because I got so used to hearing him— to seeing and holding him. He made me so used to his presence that I feel so lost without hearing his voice— hearing how his day went. But I wanted more than that. Yes, I want to hear his voice, but I still want to see him. I still want to hug him. But I couldn't because there was no chance of meeting him or seeing him.

I let out a loud sigh and grabbed my phone from the bedside table to message Randy because that was how I always started my day anyway.

To: Randy

Good morninggggggg!!! Good luck with ur job today and don't get caught! ;')

After pressing send, I lay back on my bed and stared at my phone—staring at my wallpaper. I pressed the phone gallery button and let out a wry laugh upon seeing all of the pictures I took with Randy and all of the pictures that I took of Randy secretly. My brows furrowed when I saw an unfamiliar video. "When was this?" I asked myself before playing the video.

In the video, there was evident darkness but I could hear some light snores and I knew that it was from mine because Randy doesn't snore. I know that because I sometimes watch him asleep, and it looks like he also watches me sleep.

"Ray, I'm sorry." Randy's voice was heard in the video. "For everything," he added. Then there was a noticeable shaking of the recording and then it became stable again. Randy put my phone on the bedside table to hug the sleeping me. "I'm sorry, baby. I'll fix this, Ray. I promise," he said before kissing my forehead. "Shit!" I let out a small laugh when he started pulling his hair in frustration, probably because he finds himself cringy because it was really cringe but I like how he acts differently with me. I like how he acts freely with me. "I hurt you again, Ray, and you still haven't let me go because I told you that you're not allowed to." He heaved out a sigh. "But if you're not happy with me anymore, you can let me go." His voice was full of sadness as he stared at me. "But I will fix this. I'll fix us," he said before he lay beside the sleeping me and pulled me towards him then he hugged me.