Chapter 24: October Fiasco

Trigger Warning: self-harm, language, anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder

*

It's been two months since Chang Gang brought Ray to cook meth with them and Christmas is almost coming as it was already the 10th of December. Nine months. It's been 9 months since Ray moved to Los Santos, and she always looks forward to each day as she continues to learn about the city.

Just like the first successful boost that she did with Randy, Ramee, Taco, and Curtis which she one-shotted with the support of Randy.

Flashback

"I did it! Randy! I did it!" Ray yelled in excitement as the tracker in the car finally died.

"Ray!" Randy said, as excited as she was. "Good job, Ray! I always know you can do it!" Randy said as he drove the car to a specific location. He wanted to stop the car to congratulate her in his own way, but he couldn't because there were other Chang Gang members tailing them. "Congrats, Ray!" he said, putting his hand on her thigh.

"Thanks, Randy!" Ray squealed happily as she grabbed her radio from the glove box. "I did it, boys! I one-shotted the hack!" he announced to the boys behind them.

"Good job, Ray Ray!"

One voice on top of another was heard as they all greeted Ray on her first boost hack. Randy took a glance at her and saw her smiling proudly to herself, causing him to smile as well. "Fuck this," he murmured under his breath as he looked at the side mirror. He pressed the gas violently, swerving to the right, causing the other members to hit the brakes when someone was about to crash into them. The radio went crazy when Randy did that, losing their momentum. Randy smirked as he took the jump towards the Olympic freeway, completely losing the three chang gang members. He turned off his radio before grabbing Ray's and turning it off for her. "What?" he asked, giggling when he saw her looking at him.

"What was that for?" she asked when she saw him evade the 3 cg members.

Randy ignored her as they drove towards Paleto. Ray watched him with confused eyes but decided to let it go since she trusted him anyway. She just shrugged her shoulders as she put the things she used for hacking in the backseat. "Are you going to kill me?" Ray chuckled when Randy reached the secluded chicken factory at Paleto.

It was already dark and the only light providing them was the dim-lit street light across them. Randy stopped the car at the parking lot of the chicken factory. Then he saw Ray get out of his car from his peripherals, so he followed her. Ray hugged herself when the October breeze hit her skin as she looked right in front of them. What's going on here? She asked herself.

Her questions were slowly answered when Randy's intentions became clearer as he walked behind her, hugging her from the back. "I'm so proud of you, Ray," he whispered in her ear.