Chapter 61: Calm Before the Storm

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"He looked at her the way she needed to be looked at like the whole world would crumble and he wouldn't blink."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Randy

Randy

I have never been so sure about something or someone—not until I met Ray who turned my world upside down in a whiplash. I didn't mean to fall for her but I didn't want to stop falling for her either when I realized that I was already falling.

When I first met her, I didn't know she was going to be a big part of my life; the other half of mine. It didn't occur to me that I would fall for her because it wasn't my intention to fall for anyone since Chang Gang had always been my priority for years.

But now—I don't even care about it anymore. I mean, I still do care about my boys. But if Ray calls me while I'm in the middle of a job, I will drop everything for her just to be with her. I know she will hate me for it, though. But I will still do it for her if I need to; that's how important she is to me. That's how much I love Ray.

I will do anything for her even if it means sacrificing myself for her, that's how much I value her life more than I value mine.

I love her.

I have never been this certain about uttering those words as I dream about us happily sitting on a couch while our kids are running on the backyard playground that I made in my head; that's how madly in love I was with Ray.

Five kids, residing outside the city, leaving the criminal life, living in a simple house with a picket fence. Those were the plans I already built in my head because that's how sure I was with her.

Never in my years of existence did I ever plan about my future because I thought I was just going to die fucking around with people. I am even ready to fucking accept my death when it comes to that point where I get to die in my enemy's hands.

I was never afraid of dying because I always knew how dangerous the world, I was living in was.

But ever since I met Ray and fell for her this deep, I wanted to pull away from the danger because I knew I'd want to grow old with her and do the plans I made with her.

Meeting Ray was just pure coincidence because she meant to ride with Officer Berry thinking that the alleyway was known by the cops, so the officer asked me to drive her there instead, not knowing that it would change my life drastically.

It's been almost 11 months since I've known Ray but it felt like I've known her since I was a kid because she felt so familiar to me. She was like my home back in England where I would go back home and made me feel safe because she wasn't just a simple gang member nor a best friend to me; she was my everything. My peace, my ride or die, my home, and my freedom. She was all of those things.

As I held her close to my body, I left a light peck atop her head and tightened my grip around her body next to mine. Ray was right when she told me that we needed this trip for us to heal. Of course, she was right about it.