Chapter 52: They Know

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"He is my secret. My beautiful little secret."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Hours passed and Ray hadn't gone back to sleep as she was busy staring at the sleeping man beside her after he asked her to just stay with him, not knowing that she wasn't planning on leaving him

Hours passed and Ray hadn't gone back to sleep as she was busy staring at the sleeping man beside her after he asked her to just stay with him, not knowing that she wasn't planning on leaving him. She raised her hand to his face and brushed his cheek gently with the back of her hand. "Why are you frowning in your sleep?" She giggled to herself as she watched him frown. She placed her soft hand on his eyebrows and loosened the knot in his forehead, making him flinch.

Staring at him still, the sun was already rising when she decided to get up from the bed. "I'll be back," she whispered lowered her head, and kissed his lips before sneaking out of the room. She took another glance at him upon reaching the door and smiled before closing the door to their room.

She walked back quietly upstairs, then she looked around upon reaching the top floor—the main floor rather. She still couldn't believe she was living in his apartment, though she still had things in her old apartment, she was now living in an expensive one. A loud sigh escaped from her and sat on the couch. "Damn!" She hissed to herself, doubtful if she deserved to live in an expensive apartment. But she didn't have the heart to reject Randy's offer, so she took it even if she was doubting herself again.

Sighing in dismay, her eyes drifted to the center table in front of her and deadpanned upon noticing the burner phone on the table. "Tsk. You nearly fucked us up," she said and grabbed the burner phone before standing up. She walked up to the balcony and opened the glass doors, instantly regretting her decision after getting slapped by the January breeze. She shook her head and ignored the coldness as she looked down below. "Holy shit!" she hissed because of how high she was. She was having a hard time believing that she was now residing on the 17th floor of the Tier 3 apartment complex.

Ray took a sharp breath after gathering her courage to walk back near the edge. She lifted her hand holding the burner phone and without hesitation, she dropped the phone Raymond gave her from the 17th-floor balcony of Randy's apartment. Her red lips formed into a thin slit from smirking when she heard a thud sound and walked back inside and closed the door in an instant.

As she walks back downstairs, her eyes land on the blue rose painting near the stairs that his sister painted. "This is so pretty," she told herself as she stared at it with awe. After spending a few seconds appreciating the painting, she walked back downstairs to go back to sleep. She clicked her tongue in dismay when she saw Randy's shirt somewhere, which he threw before climbing up to bed, upon opening the door to their room. "You're so dumb." She picked up his shirt as always and folded it neatly like she always does since he always liked to throw his clothes somewhere.

Hah! Men.

She tapped the shirt she folded and put it nicely on the couch adjacent to the bed before going back to him. She climbed up back to bed then went under the blanket and snuggled herself into the crook of his neck, then a small chuckle escaped her lips when he instinctively wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him as if it was his default setting.