Chapter 75: Are We Okay?

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"I stood by your side. I didn't walk away, you pushed me away."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Ray

Ray

Minutes had passed and I was still on the phone with Randy while my other hand was still holding the doorknob, taking a second to think about my decision. I know Randy has been waiting for me to open the door since I can hear his heavy breaths along with some sniffing sounds from the other line, but I can't seem to open the door even if I know that I should be doing it.

I stand in front of the door with a firm grip on the doorknob, thinking if we can still pretend that everything's fine because of what I am doing to our relationship. I know how I'm hurting our relationship but just the thought of not being able to hold Randy—to kiss and wake up next to him physically hurts me, but I know I'm just going to hurt him even more if I stay in a relationship where everything's a mess.

So I just stood in front of the door, quietly listening to his breathing.

"Okay." I started panicking when I heard the crack in his voice. I tried moving around but my brain kept shutting down on me and all I did was listen and hold the doorknob.

"I'll grab my things from our apartment first thing tomorrow."

No! Stop!

I want to stop him from leaving but all I hear from him is a loud sigh before I hear his footsteps walking away from our apartment.

"I'm not going to force you to stay with me because I can feel that you don't want to be with me anymore, so yeah." Then he heaved another loud sigh.

"I guess this is the end of our story, Ray." His voice cracked along with the sound of my shattered heart. I let go of holding the doorknob and clutched my chest instead. I knew this was going to happen but I couldn't seem to stop Raymond from doing those things to me even if I was already with Randy.

I knew from the start that I was going to ruin our relationship after I told Randy that we should go out on a date with other people to scam them for their money. Yet despite knowing that, I still risked my relationship because of how shitty a person I am.

"You can be with whoever you want now, Ray."

I hate that I'm to blame for all of this. I hate that I'm the one hurting him like this.

"But I want to be with you, Randy, please. Can't we fix this?" I started sobbing. He only had one deal—for me to open the door for him, but I didn't do it because I was confused. Everything keeps happening so fast that I can't keep track of anything anymore.

"I also want to be with you, Ray." I covered my mouth when Randy's cries became more evident. "But I can't feel you anymore, Ray. Ever since we come back from our vacation, I feel like there's a wall between us. I don't know, Ray. It's just..." He sighed after he sobbed. "It's just so weird that I'm always with you but it feels like you're so far from me. It's so weird that every time I hug you, I can't feel your heat anymore. It's like your love for me has died right after we came back from our vacation."