Chapter 70: A New Chapter

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"She's the poison I'm dying to drink."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

MATURE CONTENT WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT AND VULGAR WORDS AHEAD! THE CONTENT WITHIN THIS CHAPTER IS STRICTLY INTENDED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY

MATURE CONTENT WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT AND VULGAR WORDS AHEAD! THE CONTENT WITHIN THIS CHAPTER IS STRICTLY INTENDED FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

*

Randy

Everyone went nuts when Ray kissed my forehead in front of our members, and they didn't stop teasing and poking fun at me when I didn't stop Ray from kissing me in front of them. But maybe because I liked that she was kissing me that's why I didn't stop her. Maybe I liked the way she kissed me in front of our gang members, and though they didn't know about our relationship except Mister K, I had a feeling that the boys wanted to pull me aside to talk to me about it.

And my guess was right when I saw Vinny walking towards us and behind him were Taco and Garrett.

"Run, Ray," I whispered and pulled her back to her feet before they reached us. "Go hide or something." I took my wallet from the back pocket of my pants and gave it to her. "Go, my young one. Save yourself!" I purposely said in a loud voice and lightly pushed her away, making her giggle.

"Yes, sir!" She gave me a salute as if she were an authoritative personnel and glanced at the boys. "Oops!" She cackled after moving away when Vinny tried to grab her arm and pull her back to question. "See you later, boys. I love you all," she playfully said and blew the old man a kiss before she ran away from us like a little child with my wallet in her hand.

I shook my head with an evident smile on my lips when I saw her exit the cubby while swaying her hands from side to side and bobbing her head happily. I've seen her at her happiest but this was definitely one of her many happiest days and I'm so glad we talked everything out earlier because it would kill me if I didn't get to see that genuine smile reaching her eyes.

"Are you planning to watch the gate all day, Randall?"

I snapped out of my reverie when I heard one of the boys' voices. I looked back at them and met their eyes; my eyebrows immediately furrowed when I noticed something in their stares.

I understand Taco and Garrett's teasing eyes, but Vinny's deadpan eyes? I don't get it. It was as if he wasn't happy with what he was seeing.

Noticing the heavy atmosphere around Vinny and me, I cleared my throat and arrogantly leaned back against Curtis' car. "What's wrong, bruh?" I asked, unable to hide my slight annoyance from Vinny's expressions.

"Are you dating Ray Mond?" His voice sounded so low and dangerous that anyone would mistake him as the leader of our gang if Mister K wasn't around.

I looked back at him, returning the intimidating gaze he was giving. "Why are you asking that question?" I asked back without giving them details. "Why does my private life matter to anyone anyway?" I tried to sound playful but it came out as sarcastic.