Chapter 16: She Left

As Ray Mond cruises the street of Los Santos blasting music in the car, the side of her lips pulled up into a smile as she vividly remembers when she woke up to the sight of a shirtless Randy hugging her in his arms

As Ray Mond cruises the street of Los Santos blasting music in the car, the side of her lips pulled up into a smile as she vividly remembers when she woke up to the sight of a shirtless Randy hugging her in his arms. Smiling wide, Ray let out a screech alongside the deafening music when all of a sudden her phone rang. Rolling her eyes and fazed by the sudden phone call as she minimized the volume, she answered the call without looking at the ID. "What!" She griped.

"Is this how you answer to everyone?" A voice of an unfamiliar man asked.

"Who the fuck are you?" She raised an eyebrow as if he could see it. Ray pulled to a stop in front of the red garage and looked at the screen, her brow almost reaching the top of her head because of so much rising when she saw that it was an unknown number. "Who the fuck is this?" she asked again.

The caller let out a hearty laugh, "It's me, Connor. Remember? The meth guy at that girl's party." He smiled to himself remembering that night as if she could see his smile. "Do you remember that?" he asked.

"Oh." Ray let out a small laugh when she remembered what he was saying. "Yeah, I remember you! What's up, Connor?" she asked as she started to drive again to the dark alleyway.

"Nothing much, how about you? I'm sorry if I just called today, I was just busy with a lot of stuff," he apologized as if she cared if he called or not.

"It's alright, I was busy anyway," she said kindly before swerving to the left to avoid the car on the right. "Jesus! That scared the shit out of me!" she said, cursing at herself. "Anyway, I'll hang up, Connor. I'm a little bit busy right now."

"Oh, okay! Let's hang out whenever you're free, are you down with that?" the guy asked.

"I'm leaving in 6 days, maybe we could hang out when I come back?" She bit her lower lip when she remembered that she hadn't told Randy about it yet. "I gotta go, Connor," she said before he could even talk she already hung up the phone. "Shit!" she hissed as she dialed April's number. She parked in front of the Megamall on the Southside as she approached the dark alleyway.

"Ray!" the redhead answered with so much enthusiasm. "Where have you been, girl? I haven't seen you in a minute." The redhead ran away from her new-found friends as she talked to her girl. "Ray?" she called her name again when she didn't answer.

Ray let out a heavy sigh as she slammed her head on the steering wheel. "Listen carefully, alright? Randy and I slept togeth—"

"WHAT?!" April cut her off. The redhead started to get frantic as she paced back and forth to the sudden confession from Ray. "What were you thinking, Ray Mond?!" she growled at her.

"No!" Ray freaked out when she realized her bad phrasing. "It's not like that! Randy and I didn't have sex, okay? We literally just slept together on his bed because I was injured!" she told the redhead, seemingly annoyed.

"WHAT! You are injured and you slept on Randy's bed?!" she shrieked, catching some people's attention.

"Yell louder, April. I don't think everyone heard you," Ray said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at her big-mouth friend. "Anyway, it's not like that, alright? He just helped me out, that's why we slept in his apartment." Ray glanced at the dashboard mirror. "Where are you? I'll pick you up," she said, forgetting about her original plan.