Chapter 29: It's Ray Mond, bitch

To: Violet Van Housen

I'll go to your place after this job. Be ready.

"Fuck!" Randy grimaced and pressed the exit button on his phone after clearing his message for the redhead, putting his phone back in his pocket. He couldn't do it. He couldn't do it behind Ray's back. He looked in Ray's direction again and heaved out a sigh upon seeing her smile. No, I can't do it. He thought, shaking his head. He's just gonna have to control himself from crossing that line with her because he's afraid of what's going to happen. Yeah. I'll just control myself. He thought.

"What happened, bro?" Curtis asked as he put his arm around his shoulder and followed his eyes. "Bro, come on. Let's go do this job," he said.

"Yeah." Randy grabbed Ray's car keys from his pocket, "I'll just give these back to Ray," he excused himself and walked towards Ray, who was listening to their plan. "Ray," he called her name.

"Yeah?" She looked at him and looked at his hands. "Oh. Thanks," she said, grabbing the keys from his hands before turning away from him. She noticed from her peripherals that Randy was frowning while looking at her, so she walked back at him. "We're good, Randy," she whispered. "Don't let it distract you, okay?" she said.

He rolled his eyes at her with a stupid smirk on his face. "I'm not distracted, bruh."

She let out a laugh at his denial. For months she had been hanging out with him, she knew his language and actions too well, and so was he. "Right." She smirked. "I'll just see you later in my apartment or yours, I don't know." She shrugged, making him giggle as he nodded his head. "Now, go. I don't want to see you today," she jokingly said as she pushed him away.

He chuckled, letting her push him. "You're so rude now, man." He shook his head in disbelief. "I miss the old Ray," he said, teasing her.

"And I miss you, too." She winked at him to piss him off, which worked because he just frowned and flipped her off.

"Fuck off, Ray."

"Right." She smiled at him to annoy him some more.

"SO, is this good?" Ray asked, showing the group her version of Ramee's outfit. She was wearing a black turtleneck long-sleeved shirt, black slacks, black leather shoes, and a scarf around her neck. She looked hideous.

"Not gonna lie, Ray? You look like shit and the worst thing is you are pretty," Mister K said, followed by a laugh as he looked at Ray.

Ramee shot their leader a glare. "What are you trying to say, bruh? My fashion sense sucks?" he asked.

"This isn't a fashion, Ramee. This is an abomination," Ray said, giggling.

"Ray!" Ramee scoffed. "I'm on your team, Ray!" he gasped dramatically, making her laugh more. "We should be fighting against Mister K, Ray!" he said.