Chapter 35: No Distractions

Cont

Cont. of Day 6

Ray woke up from another deep sleep they had because the both of them had trouble getting enough sleep because of her breakdown. She grabbed her phone from the bedside table and grimaced when she saw what time it was. It was already 5 pm. "No wonder I feel hungry," she told herself. Her body stiffened when she felt Randy flinch beside her and then pull her back to him into a spooning position.

"Why were you so far from me?" he whispered to her, locking his arm around her with his eyes closed.

Ray let out a small laugh and held his hand, intertwining their hands together. "I just grabbed my phone, Randy," she explained. She grabbed his hand from her waist and hugged his arm instead, kissing his knuckles.

"What time is it?" Randy asked, completely awake now. He playfully brushed her fingers against her face, tickling her when she was kissing his knuckles. "Aw!" he hissed, followed by a chuckle when Ray bit his hand. "What's wrong with you?" He pushed her slightly, earning a giggle from her. He pulled his hand away from her face before she could even eat his whole hand and put it under her hoodie, caressing her navel. "You don't have stomach cramps anymore, Ray?" he asked, drawing circles on her abdomen. She shook her head no and turned around to face him. "What?" he asked, caressing her lower back under her clothes.

"Nothing," she replied and buried her face into his neck, inhaling his musky scent. She wrapped her other arm around him and pulled his shirt up, earning a laugh from him.

"What are you doing, man?" he asked in disbelief when she finally took off his shirt. "Ray, Jesus! Can't you wait?" he asked, giggling as he looked at her with amusement. Ray frowned as she looked at the old scars on his body. He pursed his lips as he watched her run her fingers on the scars on his chest. He let out a small chuckle when Ray sat up and moved to the other side to look at his wide back. He heaved out a sigh when her fingers brushed the scars on his back—every single stab and bullet scar he had on his body, she brushed them all off.

"You have so many scars on you," she pointed out.

"I have been doing crime for years, Ray." He turned around to face her again and looked into her charcoal eyes. "I still look good, right?" he asked, fishing for compliments since he had always liked all the compliments coming from her.

"You look super good," she said with a smile, giving him what he wanted. She looked into his eyes and saw him looking at her lips, so she turned away. "Are you going to train me today?" she asked as she sat on the bed, tying her long hair.

"If you want to," he replied as he watched her walk towards the bathroom. He laid back on the bed and heaved out a sigh when he remembered her breakdown earlier. He was so worried when he saw Ray in that mental state because he remembered his nightmare. He let out a wry laugh, getting extra worried because his nightmare almost happened in reality because it also involved Violet. "Fuck that!" he hissed and took a glance at Ray, who was still in the bathroom. His brows furrowed when he saw her wearing just a bra and her shorts from last night while looking at herself through the mirror. "Ray?" He got up from the bed and walked up to her. He went behind her and put both of his hands on her hips as he looked at her through the mirror. "What's wrong?" he asked, kissing her shoulder while his eyes still darted to her.