Chapter 15: Too Close

Randy

Randy

The next day...

I cursed to myself, struggling to lock pick Ray's door. "Finally!" I exhaled sharply as I sneaked my way inside her apartment.

Funny how I just woke up today and found myself trespassing Ray's apartment because I needed to see her before I could start my day.

I looked around her apartment, diminishing the dull interior as my eyes were looking for her. My brows raised hearing a faint snore from inside her room. Stealthily, I unlocked her room with my lockpick and opened the door. I pursed my lips to suppress a smile as I watched her sleeping peacefully. Who would have thought that this peaceful, tiny woman could start chaos once she woke up? Shaking my head in disbelief, I closed the door and went to the kitchen.

I don't normally cook for someone, hell, I don't even fucking cook for myself but here I am, standing in front of her empty fucking fridge. "What the fuck am I doing?" I sighed to myself as I pulled my phone from my pocket. Scrolling through my phone, I decided to ignore everyone's message since I knew what they wanted—they just wanted my help. I just shook my head and dialed Karina's number.

"What's up, Randall?" she answered.

"Yo! Are you busy?" I quietly asked.

"No, I'm not. What's up?" I heard some rustling from her end.

"I need a favor to ask." I let out a nervous laugh as I looked at Ray's room. "Could you buy something I could cook?" I murmured and facepalmed in embarrassment. "You know what? Never mind that. Fuck this shit."

I heard Karina laughing from the other line, making my ears heat up. Goddamn, it! "Randall? Are you good?"

"Yeah." I coughed.

"What do you want me to buy and where should I drop it?" she asked, then I heard her starting the engine of her car.

"I don't fucking know!" I let out a sigh of frustration. "Drop it here in the Tier 1 apartment. Room 508," I said.

"Alright. I'll be there in a few."

"Thanks, Karina. I owe you one," I just said before I ended the call.

I walked towards the empty living room and sat on the couch as I glanced at Ray's room. I looked at the time on my phone, it was already afternoon but she hadn't woken up yet. Maybe this is good because, then, I don't have to explain why I trespassed on her apartment yet again. I don't know why I did this, it was just as if something was pulling me into this fucking apartment every time I reach the 5th level.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration and decided to open the unread messages. "The fuck?" I scowled when I saw Violet's 10 messages for me. Damn! This chick is possessive. I let out a sigh as I deleted her messages to me. Fuck that, I ain't going to deal with that shit. I was about to read more messages when I heard a knock on the door. That was quick.