Chapter 14: Tables Turned

Ray

Ray

It was already dark outside when I heard noises coming from my living room which woke me up from unconsciousness. I grabbed my phone from the bedside and looked at the time on the screen, it was already 1:30 a.m. I quietly walked out of my room and used the light from my phone to look around my already-dark apartment.

"Why are you sneaking into your own apartment?"

"Jesus fucking Christ!" I jumped on my feet, clutching my chest when I heard Randy's voice. I heard him chuckling as the lights from my apartment turned on. "Randy! You scared the fuck out of me!" I yelled as I punched him in the arm.

"I'm sorry," he said, still chuckling.

I glared at him and he immediately shut himself up from laughing, but I could still see his shoulders moving uncontrollably. I just rolled my eyes at him before taking a look at the dumbass in front of me. He was wearing a blue and red UK hoodie and boxer shorts. This freaking guy is getting too comfortable with me.

"Why are you here, Randy?" I asked as I sat on my couch. "You lost your way to your apartment or something?" I asked, arching my brow at him.

"I can't sleep, Ray," he said before sitting on the couch beside me. He laid his head on my shoulder while I watched him close his eyes. "Are you good now?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." I removed his head from my shoulder and looked directly into his tired eyes. "Why wouldn't I be? I just killed a man 2 days ago," I sarcastically said. "Why are you here again?" I asked.

"No reason. I just need rest," he said.

"Does my apartment look like a resting place?" I rolled my eyes at him. I can't believe this guy. Why does he still have keys to my apartment when I don't even have his? "Isn't this unfair?" I asked.

He pulled his head and looked up at me. "What's unfair?"

"You have keys to my place, I don't have yours." I quirked an eyebrow. "How about you don't have to go to my apartment anymore so it would be fair?"

"Okay, but I have a better idea." He smirked.

Oh no.

I sighed as my brow raised hearing the tone of his voice. "What are you planning now, Randy?" I asked.

"How about we get an apartment together? In that way I won't be trespassing on your house," he said as his brows quivered in a playful manner.

Oh, god! I hate this man.

"You really are that bored, huh?" I stood up from the couch and walked away. "Let's get an apartment, then," I said when he followed me into the kitchen. I know Randy loves to fuck with me, but I'm not having that today. I will fuck with him, too.

"Wait what?" He started giggling nervously. What a dumbass. "Are you sure you want to live with me?"

"Yeah! I mean, you were the one who suggested it, right? I'm just agreeing with you since I can't get enough of you and I want to see you every time, let's have an apartment together," I sarcastically said. I looked away with a smile grazing my lips when I noticed him looking almost malfunctioning because of what I said. Serves him right.