Chapter 21: Burn in Hell

"Tell me if the cops are on us, alright?" Randy said as he started to drive

"Tell me if the cops are on us, alright?" Randy said as he started to drive. He glanced at his passenger and saw Ray fumbling her hands as the sirens got louder. With his right hand, he grabbed her shaking hand, squeezing it. "Are you listening to me, Ray?" he asked as he drove along Great Ocean Highway.

"Yeah I am," she said, distraught by the sirens behind them. Ray heaved out a sigh and looked through the side mirror. "There are 3 cvpi behind us," she said after composing herself. "I'm scared, Randy." She let out another sigh.

Randy took a glance at her and out of habit, he grabbed her hand into his lips. "I know. But I need you to trust me, Ray." He took a sharp left turn, overpassing the 3 crown victories causing them to crash with one another. Randy smirked when he heard her gasp. "See?" He giggled as they passed through the Burger Shot.

"How did you do that?" she asked, unable to believe what she had just witnessed. She knew Randy was a great driver but she didn't know he was this insane. "Oh, shit," she mumbled under her breath when she saw an interceptor chasing them. "The backup is coming," she said. She grabbed her hand from Randy's grasp, causing him to look at her, and tied her hair. It's going to get crazy, she thought.

Randy saw the hot and heavy car fast approaching them from the side mirror, ready to ram them to hell, when he quickly pulled to a halt, causing Ray to bump her head on the window since she was not wearing a seatbelt. "I'm sorry, Ray!" he said when he noticed, she just nodded in response. Randy looked at the interceptors spinning off because they didn't expect him to do that. Randy grabbed the pistol from the glovebox as he tapped the gas, and with a swift move, he drifted the car in front of them and shot all of their tires. Still not satisfied by what he did, he drove the car toward the spun-off cop car. "Fucking rats!" he hissed as he drove away from the scene.

Ray saw all that happening right in front of her and she couldn't help not to be astounded by what he just did. If she was already attracted to him before that, she definitely found that more attractive. She looked at his hands on the steering wheel and bit her lower lip when she saw the veins popping out. Her heart throbs just at the thought of his hand grasping her. She pulled the hood of her jacket down her head and buried her face into her hands when she saw a tint of scarlet crawling into her cheeks from the mirror.

Randy noticed that and couldn't help but get worried, so he pulled to a stop at the tunnels near La Mesa and turned off the engine. He looked around them before focusing all of his attention on Ray. "Ray?" She flinched when his hand made contact with her bare thigh. Good day, to wear a short. Randy saw that, so he forcefully turned her to him, pulling both of her hands so he could look at her face. "Are you hurt? Did I hurt you?" he asked worriedly when he noticed the redness all over her face. Poor guy thought he hurt her when she was just simply blushing because of him.

"Y-yeah. I'm alright." She looked away. Randy became furious at her actions. Out of frustration, he grasped her chin, forcing her to face him. He was gentle but his grip was tight, that's for sure. "What?" she asked, trying to sound as stern as she could.