Chapter 34: Compromise

Trigger Warning: panic attack, anxiety, self-harm

*

Cont. of Day 5 (Christmas Day)

It has been hours since everyone last heard from the Mundos and it has been eerily quiet in the living area because Flippy had just told everyone that they were having a huge fight early in the morning and didn't leave the room since Randy followed Ray outside. They asked him what happened and he told them that Ray knew everything about Violet, so they just fell silent—even the instigators became quiet, not knowing that they were already okay.

"Randy! Stop it!" Ray shrieked, giggling when Randy didn't stop kissing her face even when she hid her face under the blanket. "You are so dumb," she said when he finally caught her under the blanket.

He laid beside her under the sheets and turned her to face him. He put his hand on her cheeks, brushing her swollen eyes lightly from all the crying she made earlier. He tucked a strand of her hair in her ear and stared at her now-cheerful gray eyes. He wasn't saying anything as he looked at her—he was just appreciating how she still chose to stay with him despite making her cry again. He pulled her closer to him until the tips of their noses touched, and both of them giggled before he pressed his lips on hers gently, claiming it once more. His hand moved from her face to her back and put his hand under her shirt as he rubbed her back without breaking their kiss.

Their kiss lasted for a minute or two—they lost count, when Randy pulled away from her, catching their breaths as they rested their foreheads against each other. "Let's go outside," Randy whispered. But she just snuggled herself into his arms, hugging him tight, earning a giggle from the white-haired Brit. "Let's eat, Ray. I'm hungry," he said, stifling a laugh.

"Tsk." She clicked her tongue, not liking what he just said. "Okay," she said after a sigh.

He let out a chuckle when Ray didn't let go of him after saying okay. "Let go, Ray," he said, but she just shook her head. He cucked her head back in amusement as he looked at her with glimmering eyes. "Should we come out like this?" he asked, chuckling as he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer.

She snickered. "I doubt that, but alright," she said, shaking her head and laughing at the thought of them going outside while hugging because she knew he hated showing affection when everyone was watching. And truthfully, she didn't want them to pry on their relationship as well. She wanted it to be just the two of them without involving anyone from the gang, or literally just anyone.

He chuckled, agreeing with her. "Yeah, you're right." He pulled her closer to him and brushed his lips on her head. "Let's go, man. I'm hungry," he grumbled when she hadn't let go of him, and he hadn't let go of her either.

She let out a small laugh and pulled herself away from him. "You are so grumpy, Grandpa," she teased.

"Grandpa?!" he exclaimed in disbelief. "I am not a grandpa," he scoffed.