Chapter 32: Randy Bullet

Cont

Cont. of Day 1

Randy

Before we went to Hawaii, Ray and I had an argument that lasted for 7 long and exhausting hours, and since then we've been trying to tone down our fight because we were too alike—Ray and I always clashed because I was as stubborn as her, and she was as hotheaded as me. We are two different people, but our personalities are so much alike that we tend to argue about every single petty thing. But we are trying to undo our differences. And looking at her watching the sunset from the top of Manoa mountain makes me appreciate even our differences. Fuck! This is fucking cringe! I chuckled inwardly with my own thoughts as I continued to peer at the woman beside me.

Ray was straightforward, while I tend to hide everything. She likes cuddling, while I hate hugging—unless it was her who I was hugging then I wouldn't mind doing that horrendous thing. She likes to run away from her problems, I tend to confront mine. She sympathizes with people, I don't. She was always cheerful, but I'm not. She likes to cry when she's mad or if she's terribly sad, I don't even fucking tear up if I watch a movie where a dog fucking dies. But despite all our differences—she still stayed. For months that I have known her, it feels like I've actually known her for years because despite all my flaws—she still held me grounded.

"Randy?" she called my name as I continued to stare at her while she was looking at the sunset.

"Yeah?" I moved closer to her and put my arm over her shoulder. "What is it?" I asked, lowering my head to look at her. She looked up at me, and her eyes immediately landed on my lips before looking back into my eyes. I raised my hand to her chin and tilted my head slightly before crushing my lips against her because I knew that's what she was asking with her eyes. I held her arm tightly as we kissed under the orange sunset. Then I slowly pulled away from her lips and saw her slowly opening her eyes. "What were you trying to say?" I asked.

"Wait...what?" I let out a laugh when she looked a little too confused. "Oh! I remember! Anyway, April saw our pictures inside your wallet." I moved my head slightly and watched her ransack her bag, taking my wallet out. I watched her look at our photos inside. "April saw these, so I had to tell her everything. And I meant everything," she said, emphasizing some of her words. I just looked at our photos—which we took when we celebrated my birthday away from the city and nodded my head in response. "Aren't you worried?" she asked.

I let out a sly smile and shook my head no. "Why would I, Ray?" I asked. I rested her head on my shoulder and kissed the top of her head. "There's nothing to worry about. We're not doing anything wrong," I said. Besides, I know April won't say something about what's been going on between me and her best friend. I just know that April has my back.

She heaved out a sigh before she put my wallet back in her bag. "You're right." I felt her eyes boring me, and when I looked at her, I saw her smiling at me. "I like us not fighting," she said all of a sudden. Don't get me wrong, I like the petty fights because it's testing us on how long we'll be able to hold our grounds, but I also like the fact that we were just talking and laughing as we watched the cars pass by. Because fighting with her is fucking exhausting and mentally draining because of how she tends to use all of her emotions whenever we fight and in the end, I always choose to back down—not because I was tired of her nagging, but because I knew she could last a day without talking to me while I couldn't. Just thinking about her not talking to me in weeks makes me want to kill myself. Imagine having not to talk to her when we had that 7-hour argument—it was so infuriating.