Chapter 8: Hi! High!

Ray

Ray

"What's good, boys?" Randy approached us with a pistol in his hand as soon as we reached the apartment complex. "Did you guys get caught?" he asked as he looked at me and nodded, secretly saying hello to me.

"Nah. We got the money, bro. We got a lot, too," Ramee answered before smoking his joint.

Randy walked near me and nudged me by my shoulder. "Can you give me some?" he asked in a joking manner.

I snickered. "Why should I?" I arched my eyebrow. "You weren't even there," I scoffed, still feeling a little bitter that he wasn't there with me when I did my first-ever bank robbery.

"Huh?" he said in his sing-songy voice. I tried stopping myself from laughing because I didn't want him to think that I was okay with him leaving me. "I was watching your helicopter for you guys. Nice, man. This is what I get now?" He looked at Ramee. "Can you see this, man?" he said, trying to get sympathy from Ramee.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head in dismay as I walked toward April. "You good?" I whispered when I noticed her being silent all of a sudden.

April is a talker—like she talks a lot and seeing her all quiet is news to me.

She looked at me and nodded her head in response. "I'm just sleepy." She yawned. "I should go to bed." I nodded my head, agreeing since I was tired as well. "Bye, girl!" April kissed me on my cheek and waved her hand goodbye before leaving us.

"I should go to bed, too. Today was exhausting," Mr. K said, and Ramee and I agreed with him since it was already pretty late. "I guess I'm just getting old." He cackled at his own joke, making me laugh a little. "I'll see you tomorrow," he said, leaving the three of us without waiting for us to say anything.

"What about you, Ramee?" Randy turned to face him and asked his best friend, grabbing my attention to both of them.

Ramee shook his head. "I'm not tired yet since I still have to do some business stuff." He suddenly looked in my direction. "I'll Venmo you your money since I already know your bank details," he said and I just nodded gently. "I'll leave the both of you." He looked back at Randy and tapped his shoulder. "Good to have you back, my brudda." Randy smiled at him, and then Ramee looked back at me. "See you tomorrow, Ray. Today was fun," he said as he tousled my hair.

"Wamee!" I said, chuckling as I tried to stay away from him messing my hair still, making him laugh.

He giggled. "See you tomorrow." He smiled at me before finally leaving Randy and me.

I nodded my head and waved my hand at him. "So..." I turned around to face Randy after watching Ramee walk towards the apartment building and saw Randy frowning at me. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked, laughing at his expression.

"Wamee! Don't touch my hair! Ahh!" he said, mimicking my voice, and rolled his eyes. "What was that all about?" he asked, frowning still.

I tilted my head while my eyes still locked on him and laughed. "Is Randy Bullet jealous?" I asked with my sweet voice to piss him off.