Chapter 49: In the Dark, He Sees Light

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"Like rain, I fell for you."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"You're an amazing woman, Ray," he said

"You're an amazing woman, Ray," he said. "And you deserve everything. So let me give you everything," he added. Appalled by his words, she looked at him weirdly causing him to giggle. "Why are you looking at me like that, huh?" he asked.

Her eyebrow arched. "Are you high?" she asked as she found his words hard to believe, maybe because she didn't expect someone so stingy like Randy to offer everything casually.

"Huh?" he scoffed and looked at her in dismay. "I'm not high, Ray," he said and grabbed her out of his secret shoe room. "So, you like it, Ray?" he asked as they walked back to his bed.

Ray looked around the room again. The apartment looks modern and manly and unlike his Little Seoul apartment, this one's a little bit darker and sadder since most of the interior designs were made of colors white, gray, black, and brown—it was definitely Ray's cup of tea since she liked something dimmer and quieter. It's funny how Randy called the apartment plain when everything inside screamed modern.

"I love it here, Randy," she said and looked back at him. "I'll take care of this apartment," she said and sat on his king-sized bed. "I still can't believe you're choosing to sleep with me in that tiny ass bed." She giggled.

He chuckled as he sat beside her. "For your information, I wasn't choosing to sleep with you in that small bed and neither sleep in your small apartment. It's just you were choosing to stay in that small apartment so I had no choice." A boyish grin escaped from his lips as he looked at her.

She rolled her eyes at him and nudged his shoulder using her forehead. "You're such a dumbass," she said and held his hand. She looked at the veins popping out of his hand and he smirked upon noticing her eyes.

"You have some weird fetish, bruh," he said, chuckling at her. Ray looked away with flushed cheeks and earned another chuckle from Randy. "Jesus! You like me that much, Ray?" he said, teasing her still while looking at her in amusement. He knew what it felt like to be liked by a lot of women, but seeing Ray get nervous because of him was definitely something he loved seeing.

Minutes passed and Ray was still looking away when he started fiddling with her fingers, caressing all of her fingertips while looking at her soft hands. Then he raised his head and held her chin, forcing her to look at him. He let go of her chin and his hand trailed down to the side of her neck instead and pulled her closer to him until their noses touched.

Breathing sharply against her face, he rested his lips on her forehead while his hand was still brushing her fingertips and the other hand was scratching the back of her ear seeking comfort.

The corner of Ray's lips formed into a perfect crescent-shaped smile as she thought about the man kissing her forehead.

When Ray met him on her second day, Randy took her out to Boe's memorial house and introduced her to the legendary Boe Jangles. And when Ray noticed how sad Randy looked, she pulled him into a hug without even a warning. So the dumbfounded British man told her how he didn't like hugs and sappy shit.