Chapter 57: Love Conquers All

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"She was a storm: sudden, powerful, violent, devastating, and utterly magnificent."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

'Amor Vincit Omnia'

'Amor Vincit Omnia'

They said love conquers all. It conquers everything, every mishap. But if the other person has already decided? Can love still conquer all?

In Ray's months of staying in the city, it never occurred to Randy that he would shed a tear for the woman and would ask her to have space because he didn't mean to get himself this attached to the same woman he first shed a tear to.

"Stay with me, please," she begged him again as they stood in front of the elevator in the tier 3 parking lot. "Sleep here, Randy." Her eyes filled with misery since she wanted to see him in the morning once she woke up, and so did he.

But they needed this. They need time to think.

"I can't. I need time to think." He was so cold her body shrilled. He didn't want to let her feel alone, but he couldn't look at her the same way after hearing her say that she would just abort it if she ever was pregnant. Just thinking about Ray doing the procedure if she was really pregnant with his kid, it sure was traumatizing for him. "I hoped I never asked, Ray. I wished I wasn't curious."

"Randy..." Her eyes swelled up from tearing up again as she held both of his hands. "Don't do this please," she cried. "I...I just thought we weren't ready that's why I thought—"

"No, Ray!" he snapped at her again, making her jerk. "I told you I—" He couldn't even finish his own sentence when she lowered her head and started crying again.

Silence. All he could hear was pure silence as he watched her cry in her hands. He didn't mean to make her cry, but this was too much for the both of them. He wants to take back what he said though, but he needs to clear his head; they both need to clear their heads.

As her cries got louder and louder, he took one courageous step and finally pulled her into a crushing hug. "Nothing will change, Ray. I just need to clear my head." He kissed the top of her head with his eyes shut tight. "I'll be back, Ray. I just need to think," he whispered against her head. "Don't cry, baby. I won't be there to wipe your tears." There was a gut-wrenching pain inside his chest as he continued listening to his heart crying.

"Can't you stay with me?" She looked up, her eyes filled with sadness as she wept. "I'll sleep on the floor if you need time to think. I won't even look at you when you sleep. You won't even feel my presence, so please stay. Just think with me, Randy. Don't push me away." She grabbed his hand and brought it to her face, letting his skin brush against hers. "Stay. Please."

Pulling her closer to him, he pressed his forehead against her forehead with both of their hearts crying for each other. "I have to go." His words pained both of them as they both didn't want to part ways in the meantime. "I'll be back," he promised before pressing his lips on her forehead. "I have to go," he said. He pulled his head away from her and looked into her sad and desperate eyes before crushing her lips using his. He didn't want to go but he knew they both needed this— they needed to be away from each other to think with themselves.