Chapter 42: Mind Games

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
"When a child is punished for their honesty, they begin to lie."
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Trigger Warning: manipulation, coarse language, mental abuse

*

If you found out that your best friend snitched on the person you are closest to, what would you do? Because Ray was thinking of severely hurting her best friend for snitching on Randy. Though she wasn't sure if it was her who snitched on him—she still wanted to slap the shit out of her redhead friend.

"Are you ready, Ray?"

Ray took a glance at their leader and saw him getting in position. Sighing, she walked towards the leader of the strongest gang in the city. "What are we doing at the beach, K?" she asked, dropping the formalities since she was still pissed at him and April.

"This is where you're doing the 5 laps, Ray." He chuckled maniacally as if he was waiting his whole life just to say that. "You're gonna run from where we're standing and towards the end of the beach, and you're going to do that five times," he said and looked at Ray to see her reaction, but she was deadpanned as she was determined to finish the training today so she could tell Randy what she found out. "Are you okay, Ray?" he asked.

"Is that all?" she asked back, ignoring their leader's words because all she just wanted was to end the day by finishing her task. Though she already feels exhausted because of Randy's fault, she was still eager to finish today's training—by all fucking means.

"Of course, that's not all." The leader let out another chuckle, wanting to intimidate her. "You're going to wear a heavy vest, and I will add additional weight every 3 minutes, but I will remove some weight every lap you make," he explained.

Ray looked at the long path where she was asked to run and sighed. She knew it's gonna be a hard one, but she was determined. "Yeah, okay." She tied her hair into a messy bun and put her bag down before she put on the heavy vest the leader gave her. "Oh, shit," she cursed when the vest almost swept her off because of how heavy it was, but she instantly masked it off and held her wrist—where Randy's bracelet was.

"Are you ready, Ray?" Mister K asked as he looked at her face. A sly grin escaped his lips when he noticed the grit on her face.

She took a glance at their leader with her brows furrowed. "I'm ready," she said and positioned herself correctly. Mister K raised his hand that was holding a pistol and shot the air, signaling her to start running, and so she did.

"WHAT? Are you just going to fucking cry?!" Mister K yelled when Ray plopped on her knees because of exhaustion. "Stand the fuck up and continue running!" he shouted, intimidating the tired woman. "You're only on your second lap and you're already fucking tired?! Get the fuck up and start running!" the head of the dragon screamed as he grabbed Ray's arm, forcing her to stand up.