126:Time Heist

Cut to Scott inside the Avengers Compound, pacing worriedly in front of Steve Ben and Natasha.

BEN TENNYSON: Scott. Are you okay?

SCOTT LANG: Yeah. I'm fine.

He struggles to ask about something. He finally blurts it out.

SCOTT LANG: Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?

NATASHA ROMANOFF: Only to make conversation.

SCOTT LANG: Alright. So... five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm. The Quantum Realm is like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small. Hope, she's my... She was my... [struggling to not tell the entire truth about their relationship] She was supposed to pull me out. And then Thanos and Vilgax happened, and I got stuck in there.

NATASHA ROMANOFF: I'm sorry. That must've been a very long five years.

SCOTT LANG: Yeah, but that's just it. It wasn't. For me, it was five hours.

Steve and Nat share a quick bewildered glance.

SCOTT LANG: See, the rules of the Quantum Realm aren't like they are up here. Everything is unpredictable. Is that anybody's sandwich? I'm starving.

He strides over to pick up Nat's sandwich, and bites into it.

STEVE ROGERS: Scott, what are you talking about?

SCOTT LANG: What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it. But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it? What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like... Like before the two of those assholes.

BEN TENNYSON: Wait, are you talking about a time machine?

SCOTT LANG: No. No, of course not. No, not a time machine. It's more like a... Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy. But I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way... There's gotta be...some w... it's crazy.

NATASHA ROMANOFF: Scott, I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore.

SCOTT LANG: So who do we talk to about this?

BEN TENNYSON: Has anyone seen Professor paradox?

STEVE ROGERS: No he cut us off a while ago.

BEN TENNYSON: Damn.

We cut to a cabin in the woods, at the bank of a lake. We see Tony Stark sitting outside what looks like a tiny shed.

TONY STARK: [Clapping his hand in a famous beat. Clap! Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap! Clap-Clap-Clap- Clap!] Chow time! [He seems to be speaking to someone unknown by the audience.] Maguna? Morgan H. Stark. You want some lunch?

MORGAN STARK: Define lunch or be disintegrated.

She puts on a silver and blue helmet similar to Iron Man's.

A girl with long dark hair walks out in front of Tony. This is Morgan Stark, Tony and Pepper's daughter. She looks to be about 3 & 4 years of age.

TONY STARK: Okay, You should not be wearing that, okay? That is part of a special anniversary gift I'm making for Mom. (Takes the helmet off Morgan's head. She emerges out smiling mischievously.)

MORGAN STARK: Okay.

TONY STARK: There you go. Are you thinking about lunch? I can give you a handful of crickets on a bed of lettuce.

MORGAN STARK: No.

TONY STARK: That's what you want. How did you find this?

MORGAN STARK: Garage.

TONY STARK: Really? Were you looking for it?

MORGAN STARK: No. I found it, though.

TONY STARK: You like going to the garage, huh? So does daddy. It's fine, actually. Your mom never wears anything I buy her.

They start walking towards the house, but Tony notices a black Audi pulling coming to a stop a few meters away. Steve, Nat, Ben and Scott get out of the car. Tony sighs. He is not looking forward to the discussion about to take place.