16:Permanent Retirement 3

Ben and Gwen dodge out of the way of the car, just as Fake Max tries swiping at them. He gets crushed by the car.

Gwen:No!

Green slime flies out from under the car and assembles into Max, save for his left eye, which is bright green and orange.

Ben:Come on! The trapdoor!

Gwen spots and runs to the trapdoor under a dumpster, while Ben stands against the fake elders. As she tries to move the dumpster, Ben slams the Omnitrix and turns into Wildmutt.

Gwen still struggles, so Wildmutt simply takes the dumpster and throws it at the elders. He slobbers at Gwen, "motioning" to the trapdoor.

Gwen:Got it! (as Wildmutt pants behind her) That's scary, I'm starting to speak mutt...

The elders are back up on their feet and run after the two. Gwen opens the door to a giant pit, leading underground. With no time, Wildmutt bucks her up on his back and leaps down into the pit.

Gwen:Woah!

As they're falling, Wildmutt tries to slow his fall by digging into a rock wall, though they still hit the floor pretty hard.

Gwen:Does the expression "look before you leap" mean anything to you?!

She looks above them. The elders are crawling down after them.

Gwen:Move it!

Wildmut speeds down a dark tunnel for a while, only stopping when he comes to a split path. Gwen gets off him.

Gwen:These tunnels must go under the whole complex!

Far behind Gwen, a pair of red eyes stalk her in the dark. Wildmutt senses it and makes out the outline of Fake Max, just as he tries to grab Gwen with his stretchy arms.

Wildmutt clamps down on the arms and pulls Max into a wall, but he quickly gets up. Wildmutt stands protectively in front of Gwen and charges at Max, but Max grabs Wildmutt by the neck and suplexes him.

As he gets up, Max punches him repeatedly, smiling. Wildmutt's spines quickly stand up, though, and he gets a second wind, shouldering Max into a wall and grabbing his arm in his mouth and shaking him all around until he launches him across the cave. Wildmutt runs to Max while he is down and raises his arms, preparing to finish him.

Fake Max's left eye forms back into Max's.

Fake Max:You wouldn't wanna hurt old Grandpa Max, now would'ya?

Wildmutt winces. Max quickly kicks him away and twists himself back on his feet. Gwen climbs on Wildmutt's back.

Gwen:Hey, "short, dumb & hairy"? Rule 1: he's not Grandpa, he's an alien freak! And that leads to Rule 2, which is we kick alien butt!

Wildmutt angrily charges at Fake Max, smacking him into a wall with enough force for rocks to crash down on him and bury him for good. Wildmutt suddenly senses something big.

Gwen:What?

He bolts off in a direction. Gwen struggles to hang on.

Gwen:Woah! You don't come with seatbelts, remember?

The Omnitrix starts beeping, they are about to hit a wall of wooden boards and moss.

Gwen:Look out!

They just manage to crash through before Wildmutt turns back into Ben.

Gwen:Hey, freakshow! What do I look like, a crash test dummy?!

Ben:Listen, I don't know what it is, but I picked up some kind of scent in here.