97:Imagine Getting Vaporized By The Power Stone Couldnt Be Me!

Gamora: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Peter grabs the stone which then begins to destroy him. Ronan watches in delight.

Gamora: PETER!!!!!!!

Gamora: TAKE MY HAND!!!!!!!

As he turns to Gamora, he has a flash back to when his mother asked him to take her hand on her death bed.

Meredith Quill: Take my hand, Peter.

Peter Quill: Mom.

Gamora: TAKE MY HAND!!!!!!!!!!!

With tears in his eyes, he finally does it. Gamora is also affected by the energy surge.

Ronan continues watching as they will both seemingly share the same fate. Drax then grabs Peter's shoulder. The stone starts to crack down on his body. Ben and Wanda hold hands and ben holds Drax's as their bodies crack. Rocket soon follows, and grabs Wanda's hand. He recieves the least amount of damage out of the six.

With the power from the stone spread between them, their damage is temporarily mitigated.

Ronan: YOU'RE MORTAL! HOW!?

Peter Quill: You said it yourself, bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ronan tries to impale him with the pole of his Warhammer, but Peter then re-directs the Power Stone's surge at him. The Kree's body can't contain the stone's energy for more than a quarter of a minute before exploding. Peter and Gamora then quickly seal the orb shut to contain the stone before its energy can continue destroying them.

He turns to look at Gamora, at the same time Yondu and his men show up.

Yondu Udonta: Well, well, well. Quite the light show. [he chuckles] Ain't this sweet. But you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts.

Gamora: Peter, you can't. Peter.

Peter Quill: You gotta reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps.

Yondu Udonta: I may be as pretty as an angel, but I sure as hell ain't one. Hand it over, son. [reluctantly Pete gives the orb to Yondu, who laughs and turns to leave with his men]

Peter Quill: Yondu. [Yondu faces Peter again] Do not open that orb. You know that, right? You've seen what it does to people.

Yondu chuckles to himself and walks off. As Yondu and his men take off in their ship they look down and Peter.

Kraglin: Yeah, Quill turned out okay. It's probably good we didn't deliver him to his dad like we was hired to do.

Yondu Udonta: Yeah, that guy was a jackass.

Their ship takes off; to Gamora.

Peter Quill: He's gonna be so pissed when he realizes I switched out the orb on him.

Peter holds the orb containing the stone in his hand and Gamora chuckles.

Gamora: He was gonna kill you, Peter.

Peter Quill: Oh, I know. But he was about the only family I had.

Gamora: No. He wasn't.

Rocket is sat by Groot's pile of twigs crying when Drax sits next to him and starts stroking his head to comfort him. Peter and the group are at the Nova Corps headquarters.

Peter Quill: Why would you even know this?

Corpsman Dey: When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out.

Peter Quill: I'm not Terran?

Nova Prime: You are half Terran. Your mother was of earth. Your father, well, he's something very ancient we've never seen here before. And Ben alongside his mate are as well from earth and are humans.

Gamora: That could be why you were able to hold the stone for as long as you did.

A door opens, Drax and Rocket have joined them with Rocket holding a pot with a tiny Groot planted in it.

Nova Prime: Your friends have arrived. On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you.