110:What More Could I Lose.

Cut to the pod where Thor, Rocket and Groot are.

Groot: (Irritably) I am Groot.

Rocket: Tinkle in the cup. We're not looking. What's there to see? What's a twig? Everybody's seen a twig.

Groot: (Still irritably) I am Groot.

Thor: (While looking out the window) Tree, pour what's in the cup out in space, and go in the cup again.

Rocket: You speak Groot?

Thor: Yes, they taught it on Asgard. It was an elective.

Groot: (shortly) I am Groot.

Thor: You'll know when we're there. Nidavellir's forge harnesses the power of a blazing neutron star. (nostalgically) It's the birth place of my hammer. It's truly awesome.

Rocket turns to see Thor sitting sadly beside the window, and sighs.

Rocket: Okay, time to be the captain. (walks to a console near by Thor) So, dead brother, huh? Yeah, that can be annoying.

Thor: Well, he's been dead before, but this time I think it really might be true.

Rocket: And you said your sister and your dad?

Thor: Both dead.

Rocket: Still got a mom, though?

Thor: Killed by a dark elf.

Rocket: A best friend?

Thor: Stabbed through the heart.

Rocket: Are you sure you're up to this particular murder mission?

Thor: (Smiling widely) Absolutely. Rage, vengeance, anger, loss, regret...They're all tremendous motivators. They really clear the mind. So I'm good to go.

Rocket: Yeah, but this Thanos and Vilgax we're talking about...they're the toughest there is.

Thor: Well, they've never fought me.

Rocket: Yeah, they have.

Thor: They've never fought me twice. And I'm getting a new hammer, don't forget.

Rocket: Better be some hammer.

Thor: You know, I'm 1,500 years old. I've killed twice as many enemies as that, and every one would have rather killed me, but none succeeded. I'm only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos and Vilgax are the latest in a long line of *morons* and they will be the latest to feel my vengeance.

Rocket: And what if you're wrong?

Thor: If I'm wrong then what more could I lose?

Thor stands and seats himself at the front of the pod, beside Groot.

Rocket: I could lose a lot. Me personally. I could lose a lot. (Rocket takes an eyeball from somewhere on his person) Okay. If fate does want you to kill that crapsack... You're gonna need more than one stupid eyeball.

He gives Thor the eyeball.

Thor: What's this?

Rocket: What's it look like? Some jerk lost a bet with me on on Contraxia.

Thor: He gave you his eye?

Rocket: He gave me 100 credits. I snuck in later that night and stole his eye.

Thor: Thank you, sweet rabbit.

Thor proceeds to put the eyeball in his socket.

Rocket: Hmm. Huh? Oh. I would've washed that. The only way I could sneak it off Contraxia was up my...Hey, we're here!

Thor: (Smacking his palm against the side of his head) I don't think this thing works. Everything seems dark.

Rocket: It ain't the eye.

Nidavellir is dark and motionless as the three near it.

Thor: Something's wrong. The star's gone out. And the rings are frozen.

Cuts to inside the forge, where Thor, Rocket and Groot walk through a seemingly abandon, and cluttered room.

Rocket: I hope these dwarves are better at forging than they are cleaning...Maybe they realized they live in a junk pile in the middle of space...

Thor: This forge hasn't gone dark in centuries...

Rocket: (Looking to a pedestal) You said Thanos had a gauntlet, right?

Thor: Yes. Why?

Rocket: Look anything like that?

Groot: I am Groot.

Rocket: Go back to the pod.

Suddenly a large figure storms towards them fiercely.

Thor: Eitri, wait! Stop! Stop.

Eitri: Thor?

Thor: What happened here?

Eitri: You were supposed to protect us. Asgard was supposed to protect us!

Thor: Asgard is destroyed. Eitri, the glove. What did you do?

Eitri: (He pauses before beginning his solemn story) 300 dwarves lived on this ring. I thought if I did what he asked, they'd be safe. I made what he wanted. A device capable of harnessing the power of the stones. Then he killed everyone anyway. All except me. "Your life is yours." he said "But your hands are mine alone."

Thor: Eitri, this isn't about your hands. Every weapon you've designed, every axe, hammer sword...It's all inside your head. Now I know all hope feels lost. Trust me, I know. But together, you and I, we can kill Thanos.