46:Yay Were Almost Done.

EXT. HELICARRIER DECK - DAY

A lone pilot sits in his cockpit, listening.

WORLD SECURITY COUNCIL #2: DIRECTOR FURY is no longer in command. Override order, 7 ALPHA 11.

PILOT: 7 ALPHA 11, confirmed. Prepare to takeoff.

He ignites his engine.

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY

Back in the bridge, Agent Hill sees on her PILOT preparing to leave.

AGENT MARIA HILL: Sir, we have a bird in motion! Anyone on the deck, we have a rogue bird! We need to shut it down! Repeat! Take off is not authorized!

EXT. HELICARRIER DECK - DAY

NICK FURY RUNS OUT TO THE DECK, HOLDING A FUCKING AIRTRONIC RPG- 7. He takes AIM and FIRES, HITTING the TAIL END of the jet. The jet SKIDS OFF towards the edge. PILOT UNHARMED. Suddenly, another JET FLIES off. Fury stands there, knowing he can't do anything about it.

NICK FURY: Stark, you hearing me? We have a missile headed straight for the city.

IRON MAN (V.O.): How long?

NICK FURY: Three minutes, at best. Stay low and wipe out the missile.

EXT. MANHATTAN - DAY

IRON MAN fights off as many CHITAURI SOLDIERS as he sustain.

IRON MAN: Jarvis, put everything we got into the thrusters!

JARVIS: I just did.

IRON MAN leaves the streets and flies up into the sky.

EXT. SKY - DAY

7 ALPHA 11 arrives to Manhattan. The pilot flips the switch to press the button. And once he does it, the nuke comes flying out of the jet towards the city.

Pilot of 7 ALPHA 11: Package is sent.

Pilot of 7 ALPHA 11: Destination is in 2 minutes, 30 seconds...mark.

EXT. MANHATTAN - DAY

The Captain and Thor continue to battle it out, side to side. They both throw their respective weapons. While Thor managed to catch his hammer, Cap is shot in the gut by an energy blast from one of the Chitauri's guns. The former runs over to a broken car and flips it over and over on its side, crushing a few Chitauri Soldiers on the way.

After throwing Mjölnir once again, he helps Cap back on his feet.

Chromastone lands next to the two.

Chromastone: You ready for another bout?

CAPTAIN AMERICA: What? You gettin' sleepy?

EXT. STARK TOWER - DAY

Selvig, back in scientist mode, clacks away at his laptop. He nods. Black Widow grabs Loki's scepter and proceeds to slowly break into the Tesseract's forcefield, nearly approaching the Tesseract itself.

BLACK WIDOW: I can close it!

BLACK WIDOW: Can anybody copy? I can shut the portal down!

EXT. MANHATTAN - DAY

CAPTAIN AMERICA: Do it!

IRON MAN (V.O.): No, wait!

CAPTAIN AMERICA: Stark, these things are still coming!

INSIDE THE SUIT

TONY: I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute.

EXT. SKY - DAY

Iron Man catches up to the missile from behind.

INSIDE THE SUIT

TONY: And I know just where to put it.

As it speeds on, he grabs it from behind, gripping it tightly. With a mighty effort, he wrenches the rocket off its course and steers it towards Stark Tower, intending to fly straight towards the portal later.

CAPTAIN AMERICA (V.O.): Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?

TONY *to Jarvis*: Save the rest for return, J.

JARVIS: Sir...

JARVIS: Shall I call Miss Potts?

IRON MAN: You might as well.

INT. STARK JET - DAY

Pepper, along with her crew, watches in horror as the news keeps up with the destruction that the Chitauri is causing to not just Manhattan, but the entirety of New York.

Reporter (V.O): The streets of New York City have become a battleground.

Reporter (V.O): The Army is here trying to contain the violence but clearly, it is outmatched.

On the table, her cellphone has received Tony's call.

Reporter (V.O): And I have to say, in all my years of reporting, I have never seen anything like this.

INT. HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY

Back in the bridge, every single agent holds their breath as they too watch the Iron Man's sacrifice playing out.

Reporter (V.O): We have limited information on the team but we do know that billionaire Tony Stark's Iron Man...