138:Still Worthy

Cut to Thanos (2014), Nebula (2014), Gamora (2014) and Ebony Maw (2014) on the Sanctuary II.

THANOS (2014): [To Ebony Maw] Run diagnostics. Show me her memory file.

EBONY MAW (2014): Sire, the file appears entangled. It was a memory, but not hers. There's another consciousness sharing her network...another Nebula.

THANOS (2014): Impossible.

EBONY MAW (2014): This duplicate carries a time stamp... from nine years in the future.

THANOS (2014): Where is this other Nebula?

EBONY MAW (2014): In our solar system. On Morag.

THANOS (2014): Can you access her?

EBONY MAW (2014): Yes. The two are linked.

THANOS (2014): Search the duplicate's memories for Infinity Stones.

Memory of the meeting with all the Avengers starts playing.

BRUCE BANNER (2023): And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history.

TONY STARK (2023): Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in.

CLINT BARTON (2023): Which means we have to pick our targets.

TONY STARK (2023): Correct.

[End memory.]

THANOS (2014): [To Ebony Maw] Freeze image.

GAMORA (2014): Terrans.

THANOS (2014): Avengers. Unruly wretches. What's that reflection? Amplify this, Maw.

GAMORA (2014): [Looking at a reflection of Nebula (2023)] I don't understand. Two Nebulas.

THANOS (2014): No. The same Nebula. From two different times. Set course for Morag. Scan the duplicate's memories. I want to see everything.

Cut back to Thor and Rocket in Asgard, 2013.

FRIGGA (2013): My ladies, I'll see you after. Go on.

Thor tries not to get caught behind a large post, but gets shocked when he sees his mother behind him.

FRIGGA (2013): [To Thor] What are you doing?

THOR: Aah!!!

FRIGGA (2013): Aah!!!

THOR: OH, God!

FRIGGA (2013): You're better off leaving the sneaking to your brother.

THOR: Yeah, I was simply just going for a walk, and uh... [Trying to hide his belly]

FRIGGA (2013): What are you wearing?

THOR: I always wear this. This is one of my favorites.

Frigga puts her hand on Thor's face and takes a good look at him.

FRIGGA (2013): What's wrong with your eye?

THOR: Oh, my eye. That's... you remember the Battle of Haroquin? When I got hit in the face with a broadsword?

FRIGGA (2013): You're not the Thor I know at all, are you?

THOR: [Pretending] Yes, I am.

FRIGGA (2013): The future hasn't been kind to you, has it?

THOR: I didn't say I'm from the future.

FRIGGA (2013): I was raised by witches, boy. I see with more than eyes, and you know that.

Thor attempts to hold back his tears and fails miserably.

THOR: [voice breaking up] I am totally, totally from the future.

FRIGGA (2013): Yes, you are.

THOR: I really need to talk to you.

FRIGGA (2013): We can talk.

They both hug each other. Scene cuts to Jane Foster waking up while Rocket sneaks behind her to extract the Aether. Scene cuts back to Thor and Frigga's conversation.

THOR: His head was over there... His body over there... What was the point? I was too late. I was just standing there. Some idiot with an axe.

FRIGGA (2013): You're no idiot. You're here aren't you? Seeking counsel from the wisest person in Asgard.

THOR: I guess, yeah.

FRIGGA (2013): Idiot? No. A failure? Absolutely.

THOR: That's a little bit harsh.

FRIGGA (2013): You do know what that makes you? Just like everyone else.

THOR: I'm not supposed to be like everyone else, am I?

FRIGGA (2013): Everyone fails at who they are supposed to be, Thor. The measure of a person, of a hero, is how well they succeed at being who they are.

THOR: I really missed you, Mum.

Scene cuts to Rocket running away from the Asgardian soldiers.

ROCKET: Thor! I got it!

ASGARDIAN SOLDIER (2013): Get that rabbit!

THOR: Ma, I have to tell you something.

FRIGGA (2013): No, son. You don't. You're here to repair your future, not mine.

THOR: But this is about your future.

FRIGGA (2013): It's none of my business. [does she know?]

ROCKET: Hey. You must be Mom. I got the thing. Come on, we got to move.

THOR: I wish we had more time.

FRIGGA (2013): No, this was a gift. And you're going to be the man you're meant to be.

THOR: I love you, Mom.

FRIGGA (2013): I love you. And eat a salad.

ROCKET: Come on. We gotta go.

FRIGGA (2013): [whispers] Goodbye.

ROCKET: Three... two...

THOR: No, wait!

Thor holds out his hand.

ROCKET: [To Frigga] Wh- what am I looking at?

FRIGGA (2013): Oh, sometimes it takes a second.

Thor summons Mjolnir.

THOR: [Happy and a little bit surprised] I'm still worthy.