14:Permanent Retirement

Ben is seen on The Helicarrier hitting a sandbag. Max walks over.

Max:Ben cmon We're headin' off to see your Aunt Vera for the weekend!

Ben: Ugh, boring old Aunt Vera?! Nooooo

The Rust Bucket continues driving through the barren desert.

Gwen:When Aunt Vera said she wanted to "move away from it all", she really meant it!

Ben: Aw man, this summer was supposed to be about F-U-N, not hanging out in some old lady's place.

Gwen:I like Aunt Vera

Ben:Duh! That's because you act like you're a hundred years old!

On her lawn, Vera speaks with Marty, a neighbor of hers.

Vera:It's been years since I've seen Max and the kids! I'm not sure I'll even recognize them! Stop by and say hello.

Marty:I'd like that.

Marty retires to his apartment. The blinds are closed. He puts on a scary movie and gets a bowl of snacks next to him. A sentient green glob of liquid suddenly slithers up next to the bowl. Marty gasps when he first feels it on his hand.

Marty:Help me-!

The glob jumps to his face, muffling his cries.

The Rust Bucket finally enters Vera's retirement village. It drives past old folks' homes and some folks out on the sidewalk.

Ben:This is gonna be soooo boring! Their idea of excitement in this place is probably watching the grass grow.

An old man is climbing on his roof, trying to reach his satellite, but starts slipping down. Instead of falling off, he makes an expert Olympic-level backflip off the roof and lands safely on the ground, just as the Rust Bucket passes by.

Ben:Woah! Did you see that?!

Gwen looks out her window and only sees old people.

Gwen:See what? The heat must be frying that pea-sized brain of yours.

Ben frowns.

The trio have arrived at Vera's. Ben is the first to step out; he holds his hand up against the glaring sun.

Ben:Seriously, why do old people have to live where its soooo hot! (Gwen walks behind him and surprises him by spraying a water gun.) Hey!

She laughs and runs away. Instead of running after her, Marty's window catches Ben's eye. Marty is looking at him through it. He hisses at Ben, cracks his neck in all directions, and shuts the blinds on him.

Ben:Huh, they really make you feel welcome here...

Max:Just watch your cheeks, Vera's a pincher!

Vera:Max!

Max:Vera!

Vera comes out and gives her brother a hug, and then hugs Gwen and pinches her cheeks.

Vera:I can't believe you're finally here! And look at you two, so - grown - up!

Gwen:Oww!

She hugs Ben and also pinches his cheeks.

Ben:Oww!

Vera:Come on in! I can't wait to chew the fat with all of you.

They walk in, while Marty sneers at them through a crack in his blinds.

Ben sniffs the house air.

Ben:Ugh, why do old people's houses always smell like somebody's cooking socks or something?