Chapter 30: A Friendly Fire

Start from the beginning

He opened the shared location from her and giggled. "Are you serious?! You should have told me that you are at the construction building," he said as he got in his car.

She rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see it. "Okay, dude!"

He shook his head in disbelief. "Stay there, I'm on my way," he said, driving off from the cubby. "What am I going to do with you, man?" he asked as he drove along Alta Street.

She leaned her head on the headrest and fixed the baseball cap that she was wearing. "Thanks, Randy," she said sweetly. "I owe you one." She chuckled.

He let out a chuckle as he slowly approached a Kuruma that was parked in front of the construction building. "You owe me a lot, but alright." He hung up the phone after parking his car in front of hers.

"Wicked!" she said when she got out of her car and approached him. "Hi," she said, smiling at him.

"Hello!" he replied curtly. "We should go back to the apartment so you could leave your car there," he said, fixing his cap for her.

"Okay!" she said with so much enthusiasm while Randy just watched her walk back to her car. "I should just follow you, right?" she asked after she got inside.

He walked up towards her and leaned down, knocking her head lightly. "You're finally using your brain. I'm so proud of you," he said, teasing her just to get a reaction from her.

She shoved his hand from her as she threw him a glare, making him laugh. "Let's go before I get mad at you," she said.

"Huh?" he exclaimed. He just shook his head when Ray stuck her tongue out. "You are so dumb," he said as he walked back to his car. "Aight, let's go. Follow me, my young one," he said before driving away. He glanced at his side mirror to see if she was still following him and smirked when he saw her trying to hit his Lexus. He let out a mocking laugh when Ray spun out after Randy avoided her second hit. "That's what you get, bruh," he told himself as they drove back to the apartment. He smiled to himself knowing that she was probably mad at him for juking her.

He watched her park her car with her furrowed brows, so he got out of his car and walked up to her. "Here let me help," he said when Ray tried to grab her suitcase from the backseat.

"Thanks," she said and watched him move her luggage to his car.

"I got you, baby." He winked at her and chuckled when he saw her instantly blushing. Now, that made his day. "Let's go, they're waiting for us," he said before getting inside his car. He watched her check her car if it was locked before entering his car. "Hello!" he said in a sing-songy voice when she got in.

Her brows furrowed as she looked at him, but then she just let out a laugh and grabbed his hand. "Hi!" she replied again, giggling.

"Do you want to eat first?" he asked before driving, his other hand still held by Ray. He took a glance at her when she started brushing the back of his hand with her thumb. "Ray, do you want to eat?" he asked again.

"I'm not hungry," she replied curtly as she grabbed her camera from her bomber jacket. "Smile!" she told him and focused the camera on his face.

He let out a chuckle, taking his hand back from her and covering his face as he drove past Little Seoul because he was distracted by her again. "What are you doing?" he asked, chuckling still because Ray took too many pictures of him.

She shot him an immediate glare. "What? I want to take a picture of you!" she retorted. She put the camera on top of the dashboard and set the timer. "Pull over, bruh," she said.

"Argh! Why?" he grunted as he pulled to a stop in front of Vespucci Beach anyway. He watched her set up the camera before unbuckling her seatbelt, she leaned the side of her body towards Randy and did a 'V' sign with a huge smile plastered on her lips.