Brien?

Dave woke in a cold sweat, he looked out his window..and then at his clock.

It was still night, obviously. And very dark out.

"Fuck..God-.."

He was still tired, but he was scared and thirsty after all. Waking up from a nightmare makes you feel like you haven't gotten any sleep..At all, Really. He still felt like extremely tired..

He heard some shuffling around..It came from the bathroom.

"Brien?..You alright?"

No answer.

"O'Brien?.."

Still no answer.

"BREIN?! ARE YOU IN THERE?"

..Nothing.

Dave started to panic by now. He didn't know what to do..He could've been hurt, or worse.

He turned the knob on the door.

"Brien?"

"I can't believe we actually got matching mugs for each other on accident..What are the chances huh?"

"Pretty surprising..Man."

"What's wrong?"

"It's just-..God, Brien. You're such an amazing friend to me."

"Aw, Dave.."

"No, really! I mean-..You've been with me for so long n..Man, I'm just glad that I've had time to spend with you, Y'know?"

"Me too Dave, you're my best friend, y'know that? Now, Cmere!"

"Pfft! Brien!"

Shock, horror and sadness are feelings that are hard to feel at the same time.

Briens dead.

His body lay still, sitting up with his head missing.

Dave couldn't even muster any words, he immediately fell to his knees, tears streaming down his face.

"No- No, no..! What the fuck.."

He sobbed.

He didn't know what to do. After all, his best friend had just died and he couldn't even save him. He felt guilty. Guilty for letting something so drastic happen.

"Brien-..Oh my god-..Oohhh my god.."

He couldn't even move..He heard someone pull up, but he ignored it.

He was so focused on the situation, he was blocking everything else out. He could only here crying..

He heard a scream, but he ignored it.

He felt a hand on his shoulder, but he ignored it.

"DAVE! DAVID!"

Thatcher?

Dave looked up. Tears fell from the blondes tired eyes.

"Hey, hey! It's me, okay? Here-.."

Thatcher helped Dave up and took him to his room.

Then he took out his phone and dialed the police.

"Uh- Uhm..Yes? There's been a murder at ________..Uhm..Yes..There's two of us here..Of course..Thank you."

He put his phone down and immediately came to go comfort Dave.

He sat down on the bed next to him. Dave immediately cried into his shoulder.

"I-I could've done something..I could've stopped this- I-I'm so fucking stupid!"

"No, Dave it's going to be okay. I-I swear. Just..Count to ten, okay?"

One..

Two..

Three..

Four..

Five..

Six..

Seven..

Eight..

Nine..

Ten.

Sirens rang out, police ones. They searched the house as Thatcher and Dave stood outside.

"I'm going to kill every single last one of those fucking things."