It'll Never Be Over, Will It?

Mark walked into the room and sat down, Cesar seemed a surprised on why..Why would he come to see him.

"Mark! Oh my goodness- It's you! Oh how I've missed you..Please come back."

"I-..Uhm.."

Mark was tugging at his hoodie strings, it was obvious he was nervous.

"My..You've let all your friends get hurt. Haven't you? Your fucking pathetic, Mark. Y'know that? Your good for nothing-"

"WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, CESAR!?"

Marks sudden tone shift scared Cesar a bit. It's not like he..Would actually be afraid of him though.

"YOU- I CANNOT FUCKING STAND YOU. YOURE FUCKING INSANE, CESAR! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST TRY TO DO THAT SHIT AGAIN!? ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?"

"Oh, Mark. That isn't anyway to speak to me..How could you, honestly. It's not like you left Adam to bleed out..Did you?"

"I- YOU KNOW THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT!"

"Oh, but it is. You just left him to die, didn't you? Your fucking idiotic. Adam hates you because of that. He's in the hospital because of YOU. YOU DID THIS."

"NO I DIDNT!- YOU- YOU— I CANT FUCKING STAND YOU!"

Mark grabbed a clipboard and threw it at Cesar. It hit him right in the face but he had little to no reaction.

Thatcher eventually had to come in to get Mark under control.

"YOU- FUCKING BASTARD! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU! YOU HEAR ME!? IM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!"

"Just wait. You'll end up just like me."

"DONT YOU DARE FUCKING SAY THAT!"

Mark tried to reach out to Cesar, but Thatcher tightened his grip in response.

He got pulled out of the room.

"Kid!- what the hell was that?"

"ITS- ITS FUCKING HIM! HE CANT LAST FIVE FUCKING MINUTES WITHOUT MENTIONING WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IN THAT BASEMENT AND WHAT HE DID TO MY FRIENDS! HES SCUM."

"Okay, okay- calm down, Mark- it'll be fine."

"GOD- GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!"

Mark pushed Thatcher off of him.

"IM GOING TO KILL THAT MOTHERFUCKER. JUST LIKE HOW HE HURT ME AND EVERYBODY ELSE."

"Okay, kid- just calm your nerves okay? Breathe."

Mark started to breathe steadily. But choked out a sob, then a couple more..And then he was crying. A lot. He couldn't stand the manipulation, nor the fake calm voice he had.

"I-I—..I fucking hate him! Why isn't he dead yet!?"

"Look..Kid we've tried. You've tried. Everyone has..I'm sorry."

"I'm gonna..I'm gonna fucking kill him. I want him dead."

"You really shouldn't be talking about this in front of me-"

"It's- UGH! WHY! WHY CANT HE JUST LEAVE US ALONE!? I DONT KNOW WHAT I EVEN DID!..I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT WE EVEN DID!"

"He's a vampire, Mark. He's gonna try and bring pain to you no matter what you do. Remember when he first kidnapped you? He did that so he could deteriorate your mental health so you'd be easier to kill. And he tried to do it this time too."

"He- He won't leave us alone until he's fucking dead, Thatcher! HE-..He won't leave me alone."

Mark sighed, he hated speaking about this. Especially speaking about Cesar and what he had done, nobody truly knows what Cesar did to him in that basement. All the manipulation and torment he had went through just to see Cesar alive and well, and fucking smiling at him. Why can't he just be dead yet?

"Kid, I promise you we have this under control. You can trust us."

"NO YOU DONT! IF YOU DID, HE'D BE FUCKING DEAD RIGHT NOW. YOU ALL ARE FUCKING- GOD. I CANT STAND YOU."

Mark stormed out of the station, stressed. Disappointed and sad,

"Mark? Are you okay?"

"Yeah-..I'm..Im fine."

Jonah sighed.

"Look, Mark. It'll be okay, I promise. We're lucky that Adams alive, okay?"

"I..Know. I know. It's just- I..I could've stopped it, I didn't..Wake up."

"It's not your fault, Mark. I promise. Let's just go home and hope that this'll all finally be over, okay?"

"..Alright."

Mark smiled weakly, Jonah smiled back, he felt..Finally at peace with Jonah. Jonah smiled back.

"Cmon."