Wandering..

"U-Uncle Dave?"

"I'm right here, Champ. You okay?"

"M-Mhm..What happened?.."

"Finally got that bullet out your leg safely..Does it hurt?"

"It feels..Numb.."

"Ah, they numbed it. I didn't know it was still numb..-"

"I feel a little pain..Not a lot. It doesn't hurt as much as it did.."

Mark was holding Daves hand. Basically squeezing it like he use to when he was 4.

"I'm..Just glad you didn't leave..I'm scared.."

"It'll be alright, champ. I mean, look! You've gotten through everything else! I'm proud."

Mark felt content hearing those words..He felt comfort within his surroundings.

"T-Thank you.."

Mark smiled.

Dave wanted to ask questions, but he knew that this really wasn't the time. Not while he was actually happy and in the hospital. It's just make him feel sad again having to talk about it..It'd be best to ask later.

"I..I'm just..I'm tired."

"I know, I know. It'll be okay..I promise. We'll all be here with you, no matter what happens. You aren't alone."

Mark cracked a weak smile. He was glad that Dave was comforting him.

"Do you want some time to yourself?"

"That'd be nice.."

"Alright, call me if you need me, champ."

Dave walked out the room..

Leaving Mark to think to himself. He was glad that it was finally over..The pain..The torment. Everything. It's..Finally over..

Over..

Forever?

Forever.