Memory.

"Cesarrr! Stop that's embarrassing!" The young brunette said, giggling.

"Cmon Mark! Be more confident in yourself!"

"It's not that easy!.."

The two children laughed and giggled, playing around,

"Boo!" The ravenette said, making Mark flinch in response.

"You flinch a lot! Why are you so scared?"

"I dunno!..It's a habit I think? Whatever my mommy calls it."

"Hah! I don't have these 'habit' things and you dooo!" The ravenette teased, smiling.

"Don't you bite your nails?" Mark giggled, smiling bigger.

"Mmm! That's different!—"

"Yeah right! You have a habit just like me!"

"Hmph!" Cesar pouted, crossing his arms.

"It's alright to have a habit! Just like me flinching! Don't worry!"

"Mmmm..Really?"

"Of course it is! Don't worry!"

"Hmm..Alright!"

The both smiled at eachother.

"Hey..Mark can I tell you something?"

"Yeah! Of course!"

"Can we be best friends?"

"Yeah!..Weren't we always best friends?.."

"Oh! Now we can be best best friends!"

"Yay! Alright! Let's go!"

"We should go to my house!"

Mark woke up immediately. He didn't know what kind of dream that was..Was it a nightmare? Or..Just a normal dream? He didn't get it.

He perked up, looking at the stairs after hearing quiet creaks.

He saw Cesar, they both shared a glance. But Cesar looked..Surprised. Almost scared.

"Oh, Mark. You're awake."

Mark stayed silent, just..Staring at him. He knew what was gonna happen.

Cesar came closer to him, getting to his level.

Mark hadn't flinched like Cesar expected, the ravenette felt awkward.

"Speak up."

The brunette stayed quiet, managing to squeak out a;

"Sorry."

Cesar then pulled out his pocket knife again, mainly aiming for his shoulder this time.

It was then where Mark got his senses back again, staring at the knife in fear. But he knew he couldn't do anything.

"C-Cesar—"

A swift slash across his shoulder, going down half his arm made Mark yelp in pain, more tears flooded his eyes, at this point it started to burn.

Mark started breathing quickly, shivering.

As you'd expect, Cesar started sucking on the cut. Mark shuddering over him.

Cesar soon stopped, looking at Mark.

He looked..Horrified. Cesar smiled at this reaction, wiping his tears away.

"Don't cry, Mark."

"P-Please..Stop it!— You're hurting me!-"

"I hope you've lost all hope, no one is coming to save such a useless soul like yours."

Those words stabbed Mark like a sharp knife.

"No, you're less than useless, Mark. You're sick."

He knew that Cesar was manipulating him, and it was working, Mark knew he was useless. He couldn't do anything for himself.

"I'm just keeping you safe, Mark. I'd never actually hurt you..You know this."

Mark started to believe him, Cesar was his best friend..He'd never hurt him at all. Let alone kidnap him..But he looked at the ropes, and at the cuts left on him. And he cried, a lot.