Denial.

Weeks had passed. Thatcher hadn't come into work for a while. Dave was let out of the hospital and he was still staying at Thatchers house, Thatcher only left his room when needed. When Dave saw him, he had a clear deprived expression on his face, he looked like he hadn't slept in ages.

While Thatcher was still running circles around Ruths passing. And the fact that her funeral was today. There was no way she would just die like that. No way that he didn't try to stop it and let him-..It, get away. Cesar wasn't a person. He was a disgusting retched vampire. Now he understood Marks feelings.

Knock..Knock..

"Come in."

It was Dave, he looked at Thatcher who had his notebook in hand.

"It's nice to know you still write in that thing."

"I guess."

Dave sighed.

"You know nobody is forcing you to come right?"

"No, it's fine. I'll go, okay?"

"Alright."

Dave left, leaving Thatcher to get ready. He put on a black suit and slacks, and then he adjusted his tie.

He walked downstairs to see Dave, day dreaming..Of course.

"Let's go."

"Ah? Alright."

Today was the day of your funeral. Dave cried a lot. He misses you. I miss you. I actually cried a little too. You're probably laughing at me right now, I wouldn't be surprised. I miss you dearly, Weaver..You're amazing. And one of the things that I would never get rid of in my life, even for cash. I want to thank you for doing all this for me, I'll never forget you, Sergeant.

After the funeral, Thatcher went to that same coffee shop and ordered the same thing. Black coffee.

He sat down at a seat near the window, waiting for his coffee.

"Wow, I haven't seen you in a while..How are you doing Lieutenant?"

It was Jude, the waitress.

"I'm doing..Alright..Shit is just stressing me out."

Jude put the coffee down on the table.

"Would you like to explain?"

"Sure..It's just-..My best friend, Ruth? You probably know her. Sergeant Ruth Weaver?"

"Oh..Yes, I've heard about her and her passing. Is that what's keeping you closed off?"

"I'm not closed off! I just..Need a moment to process. I was there when she died and I didn't do anything. I couldn't do anything. I just saw her lifeless body hit the ground..And I let the suspect get away. It's just- She wouldn't just die. Not like that. Not while she's still young. I wouldn't-..Let that happen."

Thatcher could feel the tears welding in his eyes. Jude seemed concerned.

"I'm so sorry, lieutenant.."

Thatcher sipped his coffee.

"I'm..It's just- I don't..Think she's gone. Not like this."

"Here."

Jude wrote down on a napkin.

"My number, just incase you need to talk to somebody."

Thatcher smiled.

"Thank you."