180: Snow storm

June 29th - Prompt: Wind

---------------

"Huh, it's snowing." 

Peter glanced up when he heard Lucy, frowning a little out the window. "Hard?" He asked. 

Lucy shrugged. "Not really." She said. "But it's getting heavier." 

Peter hesitated a little. "You reckon Susan and Ed will be okay?" He mumbled. 

Lucy laughed a little. "They'll be fine Peter." She told him. "Don't worry." 

----------

"Okay, now I'm worried." Peter grumbled about an hour later when he glanced out the window and all he could see was white. 

The snow had turned into a full on storm, the world was covered in white, and the angry wind was wipping up every snowflake there was. 

"Yeah." Lucy breathed. "I can't even see the beginning of the woods out there." 

"They should've been home half an hour ago." Peter pointed out. 

Lucy sighed. "You think they've gotten lost?" She murmured. "I mean, you probably can't see three feet in front of you out there."

"It's possible." Peter said, his voice quiet, before he took a deep breath. "I'm gonna see if I can see them." 

"You want me to come with you?" Lucy asked, sounding hopeful.

"I'll be okay." Peter told her. "You stay here in the warm and safe. Why don't you get some hot chocolate and cake ready for when we come back? I'm sure Susan and Edmund would be very glad of that."

Lucy hesitated a little, before nodding slowly. "Okay." He breathed. "I can do that." 

"Alright." Peter breathed. "I'll be back soon." 

He rushed from the room and up to his to grab a thick cloak, before heading downstairs and outside, wincing when he was pelted with snow and hit with the wind. He lifted his arm to try and cover his face, before pushing his way through the snow. 

The wind was so strong it was hard to walk, and the snow was already up to his ankles, not to mention how cold it was, which caused him to wrap his cloak tightly around him. 

He hurried down to the stables and climbed onto his horse, before galloping into the woods in search of his siblings. 

After ten minutes he drew his horse to a stop, shivering hard and hardly able to see because of the snow storm, which only seemed to be getting worse. "Susan!" He yelled. "Edmund!" 

He sighed when there was no answer, before carrying on through the woods, straining his eyes to see. "Edmund! Susan!" His voice cracked because of how loud he was shouting, but he had to shout loud otherwise no one would ever hear him over the noise of the wind. 

He shouted for a further five minutes, before he just about managed to spot two people huddled together under a tree not far away, and his heart skipped a beat. 

Swinging down from his horse he pushed his way through the snow and over to the two people, quickly seeing that it was indeed Susan and Edmund. 

He saw Edmund look up when he heard something, and noticed him looking hard before his eyes went wide. "Peter!" He cried weakly. 

Susan weakly raised her head just as Peter reached them, smiling a little. "Thank Aslan." She murmured. 

Peter grabbed Susan's shoulders gently, smiling back a little. "What happened?" He asked, loud enough to be heard over the raging wind.

Susan sighed. "The storm got too bad to find our way home." She said quietly. "We got lost." 

Peter was worried that she was shivering, and had gone extremely pale, before he glanced at Edmund, who he only just noticed had his arms wrapped around his sister. "She's too cold." He murmured. 

Peter nodded. "You are too Ed." He sighed, pulling Susan from Edmund's arms and into his. "I'm gonna get you home yeah? Lucy's got some hot chocolate waiting for you." 

Edmund smiled gently, wrapping his cloak tightly around himself as he shivered. "That sounds good." He breathed. 

Peter nodded a little, before helping Susan to her feet. "Wait here a minute Ed." He told him, helping Susan over to his horse and helping her up, making sure she was okay and wrapped tightly in her cloak before returning for Edmund. 

"She refused to take my cloak." Edmund grumbled as Peter pulled him to his feet. 

Peter rolled his eyes. "You would've frozen if you didn't have a cloak." He pointed out. "You both had one so you were both okay." 

Edmund gripped Peter's arm, raising his other arm to protect his face from the snow and coughing a little. 

"You good?" Peter asked, leading him towards the horse. 

Edmund nodded a little. "Just cold." He muttered. "And a little lightheaded." He sneezed loudly all of a sudden, groaning and burying his face against Peter's chest. 

"How long have you been sick?" Peter asked him, not sounding impressed.

"I wasn't feeling great when I woke up this morning." Edmund admitted. "The cold has made it so much worse." 

"Not surprisingly." Peter grumbled. "Are you - okay though?" He couldn't help but ask.

Edmund hesitated a little before nodding. "Yeah I'm okay." He breathed. "A little uncomfortable but alright."

Peter nodded slowly, before helping him onto the horse behind Susan. "Su, you okay?" He called. 

Susan nodded. "Just wanna go home." She replied.

"I'll get you back as quickly as I can." Peter said, taking the horses reigns and leading him back in the direction he'd come, keeping a close eye on both siblings. 

He managed to battle his way through the storm and back to Cair in about forty minutes, helping Susan down from the horse and inside, sitting her on a nearby window seat and making sure she was okay before going back for Edmund. 

Edmund wasn't looking great, and he had to all but carry him inside, where Susan hesitantly glanced up. "Is he okay?" She asked, sounding worried. 

"I'm fine." Edmund answered with a roll of his eyes, collapsing beside Susan. "I'm just a little cold is all." 

"And sick." Peter pointed out, shaking the snow from his hair. 

"Shut up." Edmund grumbled. 

"Come on." Peter sighed. "Let's get you two warmed up." 

----------

An hour later, both Edmund and Susan were sat in front of a roaring fire, cups of hot chocolate held in their hands and blankets draped over their shoulders. 

Peter jumped slightly when Edmund sneezed for the sixth time, sighing a little. "You good?" He asked. 

"I'm fine." Edmund shot back. 

Susan smirked weakly at Peter, before turning to her younger brother. "Thanks for looking after me." She said gently. 

Edmund glanced at her. "You looked after me too." He told her. 

"You offered me your cloak." Susan told him. 

Edmund shrugged. "You were cold." He said casually. 

"So were you."

Edmund shrugged his shoulders again, before sneezing, a few coughs following as he groaned. 

"Come on." Peter sighed, standing from his chair. "You should be in bed."

---------------------------------------