80: All he ever needed

March 21st - Prompt: This is where I belong

-------------

This is where I belong

Edmund couldn't keep the smile off his face as the crown was placed on his head. He knew life from now on would be anything but plain sailing, but he knew with the help of his siblings, it would be the best. He stood, slowly turning and beaming over at Peter, who was smiling at him, a smile of true pride and amazement, and that meant everything to Edmund.

Seems like forever I've been searching

It had been him against his brother for ages, they were always fighting, always arguing, always falling out, they had despised each other for ages. Edmund had felt unloved, unwanted, and he knew it was party his fault, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it himself. He hadn't been enjoying life for the last year or so, the war, his Dad leaving, school, the way he treated his family and the way they treated him had affected him in more ways than he let on, and if he was honest, he never felt like he belonged, not in England anyway.

Like I've known all along
Love is the answer in a sea of questions

But in Narnia, that was where he belonged... But only if his siblings were with him. He would never of belonged if he had joined Jadis, never would've belonged if he had become her Prince, her King, Narnia would never of been his true home if that had happened.
But he was with his siblings now, crowned along beside them, loved by them.
He was loved, he was wanted, and that was all he ever wanted, all he ever needed, and he didn't think he had ever been happier.

All my worry is gone

Edmund had no more worries anymore. He didn't have to worry about the war back home, he didn't have to worry about the witch, he didn't have to worry about Peter hating him, and Susan being angry with him, he didn't have to worry about Lucy crying because of him, there was no need...

This is where I belong

Because he was home, he had made up with his siblings, he loved them again, with everything he had.
He was with them in this beautiful place, in this one place he finally felt welcomed, in this place that he could truly call... home.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆