55: I thought I'd lost you

February 24th - Prompt: Lost in a crowd.

-------------

Christmas shopping in London was always an adventure, the streets were always busy, people laughing and talking and hurrying along trying to find everything they needed.

Peter enjoyed the day, but didn't like how many people were around.

He kept a tight grip of Edmunds hand as him, his brother, his sisters and his Mum and Dad wondered through the streets, Lucy clinging to their Dad's hand and pointing happily at every shop window she saw.

Peter smiled at the joy on her face, before he felt Edmunds hand slip from his, and quickly spun around.

It was a shock to Peter how fast Edmund could just disappear, and he found himself panicking slightly when he couldn't see his brother.

"Edmund?" He called, frowning. "Ed!"

Peter sighed, looking everywhere for his brother, weaving his way through the people and suddenly realising he'd lost his parents.

Swallowing hard, he took a deep breath and rooted himself. He'd catch up with his parents once he'd found Edmund, his little brother was only 7, he shouldn't be alone like this.

It took way too long in his eyes, but eventually Peter spotted Edmund, stood in the doorway of a shop and looking so lost it broke Peter's heart.

He lit up though when he spotted Peter, grinning from ear to ear and looking extremely relived.

"Ed." Peter breathed, rushing over to him. "You had me so worried! I thought I'd lost you."

Edmund nodded a little. "I thought I'd lost you too." He sighed. "I tried to keep hold of your hand, but you were walking too fast."

Peter bit his lip. "I'm sorry, I was trying to keep up with Mum and Dad." He explained sadly.

"I know." Edmund said with a nod, before frowning. "Where are Mum and Dad?"

Peter was silent for a while before he slowly shrugged. "I don't know." He mumbled. "I lost them looking for you."

"Peter! Edmund!"

Peter swung around, almost laughing when he saw his Dad hurrying over.

"Where have you two been?!" He asked, sounding rather worried.

"Edmund got separated from us so I went to find him." Peter told him. "Sorry for running off like that."

His Dad stared at him for a while before sighing. "It's okay." He breathed. "But we should go and find your mother, she's worried."

Edmund nodded, before hugging his Dad. "I got lost." He almost laughed.

At hearing the quiet laugh, his Dad chuckled and lifted him into his arms. "Did you now?" He teased. "Lost in a crowd eh?"

Edmund grinned. "Yeah." He murmured.

Peter smiled at his Dad, who just laughed. "Come on." He breathed. "Let's head back."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆