28: You'll always be the High King

January 28th - Prompt: Fireworks

-------------

This is NOT a ship fanfic 🙄

Caspian smiled a little as he watched the fireworks from the balcony, leant againt the stone railing as he stared up at the sky.

All in all he couldn't quite believe that Aslan had crowned him a King, and was still trying to wrap his head around it, but he guessed he'd get used to it eventually.

"Caspian?"

Caspian frowned a little at Peter's voice, turning and finding him stood just inside, looking a little awkward.

"Yeah?" He asked, sounding a little confused.

Peter sighed, walking outside to join the newly crowned King. "I - I wanted to apologise." He breathed.

Caspian stared at him for a second or two. "For what?" He asked.

"For the way I've been behaving recently." Peter replied. "I - I haven't been the best King, friend or brother if I'm honest, and you've bore the bront of that."

Caspian sighed a little, nodding. "I understand though." He told him. "I get why you were acting the way you were, but I don't hold it against you, you don't need to apologise."

Peter shook his head. "I do though." He breathed. "I've gotta go apologise to Ed after this too, I have so much to be sorry for."

Caspian was silent for a moment or two before smiling. "You'll always be the High King, Peter." He told him quietly. "No one can take that away from you."

Peter stared at him, before he himself smiled. "Thank you Caspian." He said sincerely. "You're a good friend."

Caspian nodded his head. "Now go on, find Edmund." He said. "I have a feeling he needs an apology just as much as I did."

Peter nodded. "Yeah, he does." He breathed. "I'll see you later."

Caspian nodded. "See you later." He breathed. "And thank you."

Peter nodded, before leaving the balcony, heading off in search of his younger brother, because Caspian was right, Edmund needed an apology just as much as Caspian had, maybe even more.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡