70: You both worry too much

March 11th - Prompt: Breathing

------------

"Just breathe and you'll be fine."

Peter stared at his brother. "Fine?!" He muttered through gritted teeth. "You're about to pull a knife from my shoulder!"

Edmund sighed, glancing worriedly at Lucy who was stood nearby, ready with her cordial.

"And I don't see why I need that cordial." Peter muttered. "It'll heal just fine."

"Maybe, but then you won't be able to do anything for perhaps weeks, you need your arm Peter." Edmund muttered, rolling his eyes.

Peter glared at him, but sighed. "Just pull it out." He breathed. "And do it quickly."

Edmund nodded. "Keep breathing." He said gently, taking a hold of the dagger hilt. "In and out, I'll count down yeah?"

Peter nodded. "Yeah." He whispered.

"Okay." Edmund said slowly. "1...2-" Before he'd gotten to three Edmund yanked on the knife and pulled it out of Peter's shoulder, Peter gasping in pain and shock.

"You said three!" He exclaimed, trembling a little as Edmund placed a cloth to the bleeding wound.

Edmund shrugged. "Sorry." He sighed. "I thought it would hurt less if you didn't know it was coming."

Peter sighed, but nodded anyway, and after a lot of persuasion he finally let Lucy give him the cordial.

"You both worry too much." He grumbled at the looks on his siblings faces.

"Well, you were stabbed." Lucy said. "We're gonna be worried. Just like you'd be worried if it were one of us."

Peter sighed. "I guess." He mumbled, before glancing at Edmund. "Thanks."

Edmund smiled. "No problem."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆