118: One day

April 28th - Prompt: See you again

------------

Peter didn't know what to say.

He would never return.

Never come back.

Never come back to his kingdom.

Never return home.

He swallowed hard, trying his hardest to force back tears, but it was near impossible.

He shared a look with Susan, noticing the tears in her eyes but deciding not to say anything right at that moment.

"I understand this may be hard." Aslan said gently. "But you must understand that you've learnt all you can from Narnia, but let me tell you this..."

Peter took a deep breath, listening closely to whatever Aslan was going to say next.

"In your world, I have another name." Aslan told them. "It is up to you to find out who that name is, that was the very reason you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better in your world."

Peter nodded a little, and strangely he had a slight, tiny feeling that he may already know who that name was, but he didn't mention it. "Will - Will Edmund and Lucy come back?" He asked.

Aslan nodded. "They will." He said softly. "But like you two, they will eventually be too old."

Peter nodded a little, taking a deep, shaky breath. "Will - Will we ever see you again?" He asked.

Aslan stared at him. "One day." He murmured, nodding a little.

Peter felt a little better because of that answer, and allowed himself to relax a little, but not completely, because the thought of never returning to Narnia itself, was enough to break his heart.

But he trusted Aslan, and knew he knew what he was doing, so despite his pain, he put on a brave face, and when Caspian came to tell him that everything was ready, he decided he could do this... hopefully without breaking down.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡