35: We'll see them again

February 4th - Prompt: Rainbow

------------

"Lu?"

Peter frowned as he walked slowly up to his little sister, who was sat on the windowseat in her room, staring out at the steadily falling rain, a distant look on her face.

"Lucy, you okay?" He tried again when he got no answer.

Lucy eventually glanced up at him and gave him a sad sort of smile. "Hey." She breathed.

Peter sat beside her, a little confused but more worried than anything. "Are you okay?" He asked quietly.

Lucy was silent for a while before she sighed. "Do you ever miss Mum?" She murmured. "And Dad?"

Peter bit his lip, swallowing hard. "Course I do." He whispered. "Every day."

Lucy nodded a little, taking a deep, shaky breath. "Do you reckon we'll ever see them again?" She all but choked.

Peter's face fell, and he pulled his sister into a gentle hug. "Of course we will Lu." He told her, voice soft. "They're our parents, of course we'll see them again."

Lucy smiled weakly, resting his head against Peter's shoulder. "I guess yeah." She breathed, sounding a little more cheerful that two seconds ago.

Peter placed a kiss to the top of his head. "We all miss them." He said slowly. "But it's not like we'll never see them again, I promise we'll be back with them one day."

Lucy chuckled softly. "Yeah." She breathed, before spotting the rainbow out the window over the sea, the rain having stopped and the clouds slowly clearing. "In the meantime though I can deal with living in Narnia." She laughed.

Peter chuckled. "Deal with?" He teased.

Lucy smiled, before correcting herself. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡