July 28

Some of my favorite quotes about reading/writing:

Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.
~ Anna Quindlen

I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book.
~ J.K. Rowling

Books are a uniquely portable magic.
~ Stephen King

If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.
~ Martin Luther

You can make anything by writing.
~ C.S. Lewis

Stay faithful to the stories in your head.
~ Paula Hawkins

Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written in large in his works.
~ Virginia Woolf

Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.
~ Louis L'Amour

Write what should not be forgotten.
~Isabel Allende

She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.
~Annie Dillard

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
~ Paul Sweeney

A children's story which is only enjoyed by children is a bad children's story.
~ C.S. Lewis

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
~ Louis L'Amour

One must always be careful of boos and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.
~ Cassandra Clare

One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dad for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.
~ Carl Sagan

Eating and reading are two pleasures that combine admirably.
~ C.S. Lewis

A room without books is like a body without a soul.
~ Cicero