Chapter 29: Lunch (Love Interest Progress)

-----YOUR POV-----

"Right, Summer break is fast approaching but of course, it stands to reason none of you have enough leeway to just relax for thirty. We'll be going to a summer break forest lodge." Sir Aizawa announced. The whole class lit up and cheered and started stating ideas of what to do during the camping. "However." His hair stood up, the class was back to being silent "Should any of you fall short  of a passing grade for the end-of-term test, then you're stuck in school in remedial hell." The boys specially Kaminari and Kirishima wished everyone good luck. So we only have a week before the exam. I sighed wondering if i could pass it. Sure i could beat someone with 200+ IQ in shogi but that was entertaining unlike sitting in class and stuck with boring lessons. I guess Shikamaru has really rubbed off on me. Anything that was too troublesome was immediately cut off by the brain, the only difference is he still gets the lessons and retains it in his main, i however, my mind chooses to shred those information to tiny unreadable pieces. That  reminds me, How well did i do in the midterm?.. huh...

"Mind your words!" i turned my head to the commotion between the top five  of our class and Denki who was basically sobbing in the corner. "Yoi two i might be able to assist you with classroom lecture stuff." they cheered but Momo shrunk back in her seat and muttered a few unheard words. "Well i'm not either of them but how about me?" Kyoka asked Momo "Yo Yayorozu, sorry, could you do me, too?" "Me too." Sero and Ojirou too. I watched as her emotions brightened up "Absolutely!" She cheered. "What about you (y/n)? Your sixteenth in the class right?"
I looked at Kirishima "i am?"
"You act smart and talk one when you're on the battle field."
i hummed at his words "True. I just don't get it."
Both Kirishima and Bakugou looked at me confused. "What do you mean you don't get it? Are you saying you are an idiot after all?" Bakugou smirked.
"WELL EXCUSE YOU I HAPPEN TO BEAT SOMEONE WITH 200+ IQ AT CHESS THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" i took i a breath and calmed myself "I don't understand why i have to learn it. What is it used for? Not to mention i don't see myself using it anytime soon." I sighed.
"Don't you have exams like these back in Konoha?" Momo asked from her seat. 
"Exams? Yeah. Of course we do but exams aren't like the ones here." I glanced down at the textbook.
"Mind telling us what its like?" Kyoka asked walking towards me.
"Well for one the last exam i had was back when i was a genin, it had 9 questions and a mystery tenth question.  Even then we were stuck with jonins up our asses, it was revealed to us that the questions in the exam was intentionally picked and were far too difficult for average genins." i sighed remembering how much i was, sweating in my seat. I WASN'T EVEN MOVING!
"What did you do?" Kirishima asked.
"The real objective was to cheat. If they were caught cheating two points would be deducted from the exam, if they were caught five times, they, along with their team are disqualified." I took my headband off and held it in my hand.
"You must have been really sneaky or really smart to pass that exam with all those ninajs looking at you." Momo said.
I smiled at her innocently "I didn't answer anything. In fact i think my paper was the cleanest on the room." They sweat dropped at my response. 
"THEN HOW DID YOU ADVANCE?!" they asked in unison.
"Turns out the last question was to flush us out. They only wanted to see if we were willing to face the unknown." i looked up at them and smiled "Thanks to Naruto's open determination 26 teams passed the exam a lot higher that all the previous counts."
"Talk about culture shock." Kyoka said with a small smile on her face. 
"Right! You guys were trained like soldiers at a young age and somehow i disapprove." Momo said conflicted. 
I smiled at her "Maybe one day you'll see what a shinobi is about and why its so important not only for me but everyone in my village."

We were eating in the cafeteria, well they were i was buried in the book with the lesson Quadratic function on it.

'okay so the form f(x) = ax2 + bx + c, where a, b, and c are numbers with a not equal to zero. a curve called a parabola. Parabolas may open upward or downward and vary in "width" or "steepness", but they all have the same basic "U" shape.'