Chapter 170: Bingo

-----NO ONE'S POV-----

(Y/n) stood on the water holding on to Sakura and Ino on either sides keeping her from falling down. She held the forehead protector in her hand feeling the metal between her fingers. She was reminded how much she missed him. She looked up as the water that surrounded them fell back into the pond Yamato-sensei made. It was around nine pm and at the base of the UA dorms there Kakashi and Shikamaru waited for their arrival.

"Things turned our well i see?" Kakashi greeted.
"I guess?" The girl shrugged still holding on to the headband. Kakashi eyed the (h/c) haired girl. He was about to apologise for reminding her about Jiraiya's death but the next news he didn't know how she would react once he tells her about the update in the bingo book. His mind was wondering if this was the right place for it. It was his obligation to tell her not just as her superior but as a fellow jonin. Of course Shikamaru knows of this particular news but he has his own problems to deal with, it was up to Kakashi.

"She seems to be healing just fine but she's still weak so she needs to rest." Sakura informed.
Kakashi cleared hsi throat and stepped aside pointing at the dorm. "Lets get her to bed then. I still have to talk to her once we get there."

(Y/n) raised her brow but she didn't have the energy to actually look at Kakashi so she let out a quiet sigh.

They brought her inside the dorms. Those who were in the common room were thrilled to see their friend up and okay. They greeted her along with the ninjas of course they greeted back but (y/n) pushed her lips together in an attempted smile but it was dropped after a second.

(Y/n)'s thoughts were spiraling. Maybe it was stupid of her to listen to that elder toad thinking she can actually try and wield this thing inside of her but she also thought that maybe. Just maybe he was right. He has been alive for at least a thousand years and they wouldn't really call him the elder toad sage if he wasnt wise or powerful as they say. He was a living fossil in her case. So he must know what he was doing but to speak of prophecy? Chosen one? How in the world was she the prophet? Or the so called 'chosen one'? Above all how did Gamamaru expect her to cope up? Telling her to be strong when she was still grieving on her master's death.

She sighed starting to doubt the  decision she made earlier.

"There." Ino's voice came to her mind.
"Alright. Lets get her to bed." Sakura too.
She looked up and noticed they wre moving her into her room. She was slowly placed on her bed shakily she shifted making herself comfortable.
"Thanks guys." She said weakly.
"No problem." Sakura said.
"We still have to mix something up so you feel better when you wake up tommorow."
"You might still feel a bit drained tomorrow but at least you have enough strength to stand and walk by yourself." Sakura said.
"Take whatever you need from the balcony." (Y/n) nodded over to the sliding door.

Shikamaru stood idley and watched Ino and Sakura go out to gather some herbs. He thought over what Kakashi had told him earlier. For the first time in forever he was conflicted on what to do. Sparing (y/n) from the pain was one thing but it was bound to hurt more in the future when she finds it out for herself. Her was holding back from telling her because he didn't want her to blame herself again. Seeing her cry might just be one of his weaknesses but maybe his sensitivity when it came to her was the one thing that was keeping him from facing her and be truthful.

Kakashi walked up to (y/n). "I know you're not feeling well right now but this came from the Hokage herself." Kakashi spoke reaching for his back pocket and took out a small notebook. A notebook that all jonin level ninjas had.

The bingo book.

A book used only by Jonin, Anbu and the Kage. A black book used by ninjas that contain any and all information on black-listed ninja they are to target. In it contains missing nins but it mostly listed dangerous ninja from rival villages and potential security threats to be eliminated given the opportunity.