Chapter 53: Unlikely Group of Rescuers

-----NO ONES POV-----

"Well Kakashi?" Tsunade looked at the masked silver haired man.
"It checks out." He said. Tsunade let out a worried sigh. "So they do have Isamu." She clicked her tongue. "Knowing (y/n) she'd follow anything they tell her to do just so they wont hurt the hostage." Midoriya looked down. "Im sorry. If only i had been stronger and faster. I would have been able to save them." Tsunade looked at him and smiled slightly. She stood from her chair and walked towards the kid. "You're still young and you did your best. If you're really bummed out you couldn't save them, there is always room for improvement. For now you rest and leave the rescuing to us." She pat his back and motioned for the door. Midoriya looked at the woman and wiped his eyes before bowing at them. "Thank you." Tsunade nodded as he shut the door behind him.

Midoriya walked out of the Hokage's office after his interview and found himself walking through the streets just looking at the people and the vendors even the animals that were just playing around. It was certainly different from what he saw back home. It was lively but not too crowded with people and tall buildings. "Oh hey Midoriya!" Kirishima called running to his friend with Todoroki following close behind.
"Kirishima. Todoroki." He smiled."did the Hokage call you too?" He nodded. "Why did she call you guys too?"
"Well i think everyone was called in for an interview with The Hokage."
"I see. She did say she'd relay the information to UA." Midoriya placed a finger on his chin. Kirishima took notice at his bandaged wrapped arms.
"Whoa! Out of the casts already!" He smiled. Midoriya held out his hands as if inspecting them. "Oh. Uh yeah! Its a relief that i get to move them again." He frowned causing his friends to worry.
"What's wrong Midoriya?" Kirishima asked.
"Its about your hands isn't it?" Todoroki deduced.
"Yeah.."
"Why whats it about?" Kirishima asked curiously.
"The doctors said if i over use my powers two or three more times i might not to move them at all." They looked at their friend's arm inspecting it with a sad expression.

"Hey. You three." The voice called out. It was a girl. She had blonde hair pulled into four separate buns. The other guy with her had purple face paint. Midoriya recognized her. "You're one of (y/n)'s friends, right?" They smiled. "You recognize us?" The guy asked.
"Oh wait! We saw you in the training ground!" Kirishima exclaimed.
"Its good to be recognized, im Temari and this is Kankuro." They greeted and exchanged names. After a few introductions Temari said,
"Anyways, come with us." They started walking.
"To where?" Todoroki asked suspiciously.
"Somewhere private." Temari said.
"After all you want to save your friends right?" Kankuro finished. Midoriya started walking, following the two siblings.
"Wait Midoriya! We're just going to follow them?" Kirishima asked
"(Y/n) trusts them then so do i." The three students followed them into a restaurant.
"Here?" Midoriya asked.
"Yeah. There's a private room at the back. Just follow us." Temari said walking inside. The restaurant wasn't full but the costumers seemed to enjoy the food making the three hungry. They walked to the sliding door at the back that led into the hallway. Temari walked to the right and to the last door at the end of the hallway. Kankuro held the door open and signed for the students to go in before closing it behind him. Temari opened the door. "Were back." They all came in and looked at the figure sitting by the table with food. Gaara stood up and offered the chairs across him. "Please come sit with us." Midoriya and Kirishima sat while Todoroki followed cautiously. Gaara motioned at the food on the table. "Please eat." He then sat back down "I come to you not as the Kazekage but as a friend." Gaara said.
"Kazekage?" Midoriya asked.
"As Konoha has the Hokage, the Sand has the Kazekage. I am Gaara of the Sand, these two are my siblings. We are allies of the hidden leaf."
"You're kidding right? A Kazekage. You look right about our age." Kirishima said.
"Hey watch your mouth!" Temari scolded.
"Don't. They have no knowledge about the Kage and the system." Gaara stoped her. He looked at the three. "Im young, yes. Maybe too young for others opinion but it is true. I am the Kazekage."
"Gaara. So you're the one who (y/n) said. A friend from the sand." Todoroki said.
"She said that?" Gaara asked surprised.
"She did?" Kirishima confronted Todoroki.
"That night when we helped her make the song for her brother." Midoriya's face lit up at the memory.
"Right! She said you're a Jinchuriki too!" Midoriya pointed at Gaara. Gaara responded with a small smile.
"Well, was. The tailed beast was removed not too long ago." The three didn't dare to speak. Instead they just stared at him unsure.
"Are you wondering why i am not dead?" Gaara questioned.
"Thats partly the reason, yes." Kirishima said.
"Perhaps you are questioning how i came back to life?" He asked again to which the three nodded.
"When i was captured by the Akatsuki, the Hidden leaf sent a rescue squad to the sand and aid them to track and rescue me. Naruto was among the members and so was the village elder, formerly known as Granny Chiyo. The head of the puppet Brigade and a well trained user of medical-nin. Im sure you're familiar with the medical-nin." Gaara looked at them as they nodded again. "Granny Chiyo was well known and highly capable medical-nin, although her healing skills are admirable, she mainly focused on poison. Those poisons have only been countered by Lady Hokage.", The three gulped. So she really is the best medical-nin user there is. "But thats not all. Apparently Granny Chiyo also created a life-giving technique, one that would result in her own death if it were used."
"A life for a life." Todoroki said.
"Precisely."
"I see but you wanted to talk to us? Why? Why us?" Midoriya asked.
"They said its something about (y/n) and our friend." Kirishima said.
"Yes. I could not arise any suspicion so i had these two fetch you for me. As for (y/n) and your friend. I would like to make a proposition." Gaara said. The three looked at him surprised and confused.
"We know you have plans to escape tonight and head to you home town to rescue them. Am i wrong?" The plan that both Kirishima and Todoroki hand planned out.
"How did you know?" Todoroki asked.
"Kakashi told me. He is a skilled ninja, that i guarantee but it was your expressions and actions that drove him to tell me."