Chapter 139: Isolation

(your cast is already off and since you heal fast it only took about three days)

-----YOUR POV-----

It's been a while since i last talked to any of my classmates. I preferred not to. I couldn't, not after what i did. It was stupid but i snapped. I let my anger get the best of me. Ever since what happened, my daily routine changed. I would get up earlier than everyone else just so i wouldn't bump into them in the shower. When they do come down to use the shower i would already be in the dining room eating but then again, i haven't been in the mood lately so breakfast went by quick. Once they were done was already long gone. I haven't interacted much with anyone too. It was either i was listening to the lessons or i had my earphones on shielding me from the outside world. Breaks were a hassle too so i never went to the cafeteria where the crowd was plentiful. It came to a point where i started making my own lunch and having them somewhere outside.

Naruto still hadn't given me the bird carrier but he left me a note that he slipped through the door. I pulled out the note that was in my bag.

"Hey. Sorry if i hadn't sent anything for a while, i've been busy with pervy sage. Speaking of pervy sage, we didn't want to wake you up so we sent this note. Pervy sage and i are going somewhere. We think it might be Orochimaru so, we're going after it. Don't worry, i wont do anything reckless! Not if Pervy sage had all the recklessness with him! Hehe!" He drew a laughing face at the side. "Anyways, we'll be gone for a few days but we'll come back soon! I promise!" He also place a happy smile at the bottom of the note with a swirl beside it.

I smiled at the note. I guess he didn't forget.. I picked up a sandwich i made earlier and bit into it as i leaned on the tree feeling the wind brush past me.

"Hey. Haven't seen you in a while have i?" A guy asked. I looked up at whoever talked only to see a familiar guy with messy, indigo-colored hair that flares out in large tufts around his head.
"Shinsou." I greeted.
"Can i?" He motioned at the space beside me.
"Go ahead." I nodded.
He pulled up his slacks and bent down to sit beside me. Grunting in the process. She turned to me meeting my gaze and offered a paper bag to me. I looked at bag then back at him confused.
"What's this for?" I pointed.
"Lunch... Im pretty sure this is better than that sandwich of yours." He nodded over to the container i had on the grass beneath me. Reluctantly i took the bag and took a peek in its contents. I reached in and took it out. It was still warm.
"Takoyaki?" I opened it. It looked like takoyaki but it was black. "It's black."
"Its some kind of trend. They added squid ink to the dough so it turns black." He said. "Go on try it. Im sure you'll like it." He said taking peek into the bag i was holding and pulled out another food container. He opened it revealing it's contents to be none other than the Takoyaki just like mine. He opened a wooden disposable chopsticks. and readied himself to eat.
"Wait. You're eating here with me?" I asked.
"Yeah." He paused. "Why? Is there a problem?"
"I.." I gulped down the lump that formed in my throat and leaned back on the wood. "I just don't think is the right time for you to hang out someone like me."
"Really?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "And what do you mean by 'someone like me'?" He asked
"Im pretty sure you heard the news. Or the rumors.. Or the gossips..." I said felling more down. I tried to be more broad about what i was saying.
"Yeah. Okay.. So?" He asked nonchalantly.
"So?" I was confused. "Im pretty sure you're getting a lot of hate as it is. I just don't want to drag you along with me." I sighed looking away. "Being friends with me is the last thing you want right now.."
He hummed. "And who's decision was that?" He paused. "Because im sure I didn't agree to anything." Before i could speak, he started talking again. "If you're worried about what they'll say.." He looked at me with a small smile knowing smile on his face. "Then you got another thing coming." I looked at the familiar words he muttered. "You heard me. Im your friend and i'll hang out with you regardless of what they say and besides, i cant mind control you even if i tried." He smiled. "Don't tell me you're backing out now."
"No! Of course not." I smiled. "But thank you."
"I should thank you." He replied.