Chapter 18: Healing

I was wearing my uniform loosely my collar wasn't buttoned up, neither was my tie i just let it hung around my neck. The UA blazer was hung on both my shoulders. I couldn't be bothered to pit it on properly not with these bandages around me. Speaking of bandages, my head was wrapped with bandages that run around my forehead and covered my right eye, down it went wrapping around my neck and around my entire right arm,  they even placed it in a sling. I couldn't even move it. "You legit look like you've just got out from the hospital. You know what at least let me make you look better." Ino didn't even wait for me to talk she just went in and arranged my hair. Earlier today she  insisted for me to stay at home but i refused. I didn't want to be stuck here alone, Sure being lazy and having nothing to do had it's perks but i just found it restraining. "There all done. You look more presentable now, unlike earlier." "What did i look like? Aside from the hospital thing." "Well you looked like a trouble-making delinquent who just got out of a fight and was forced to go to school." I was earlier than usual because of the unexpected rain. When i got to class i sat on my chair and continued sleeping, using my bag as a pillow.

The sound of talking woke me up. I yawned and stretched my left arm stretched outward. I grabbed a sandwich from my bag and stood up and went to the window looking out. I bit out a small piece since it was hard to swallow the food. Midoriya walked up to me as i was taking a another bite "Hey." he said i waved and sighed pointing at me chewing. "Hard to swallow?" i nodded swallowing my sandwich. "What brought you over here?"
"There's just something wrong with Iida lately. He hasn't been himself since the sports festival."
"What happened?" i asked taking another bite.
"After his match he received a call from the hospital. He said his brother was attacked." i almost choked, Iida loved his brother, idolized him even.
"Poor Iida, he must be bottling it up. I might have an idea on how to help him." Midoriya looked at me with hopeful eyes. "I could do it but not in this state. I've asked too much help from others i want to do this personally." 
"What's your plan?" 
"I know how to help his brother but i doubt the staff would let anyone in so we need help from someone who can easily get in and out without being questioned."
"Who did you have in mind?" Curiosity filled his eyes.
"Naomasa Tsukauchi. He may be able to help us at that area. If hes not too busy." i said taking a bite.
"That's great!" he cheered. I was about to swallow but it was a big piece. I closed my eyes in pain and coughed, i placed my sandwich on the table and reached for my throat as i continued to cough. A drop fell on top of my bottom lip. Brushing my hand on my lip i felt the wet substance on my thumb. I looked at it only to find out i was blood, my blood. Then i remembered 

'You inhaled some of the smoke during the fight. The searing heat of her opponents fire caused her esophagus and her lungs to burn but thanks to the natural mucus we have in our body that damage was prevented from doing any further Internal damage."

I looked at Asuma-sensei and the others, I wanted to talk but stopped due to the sharp pain in my throat. 

"It may be best if you try not to talk while you're recovering Miss (y/n). Give it a few days before you can start muttering some words." the doctor looked at them again. "Don't feed her any hard foods like anything fried. Give her something soft, food that can be softened by water is acceptable. For the meantime i recommend sticking to soup for now."

"Your bleeding! Let's get you to recovery Girl." Midoriya panicked i raised a hand at him motioning him to wait. I made my way to my seat and pulled out a whiteboard and a marker that Asuma-sensei bought for me last night. It was embarrassing to always have it with me though i didn't have much choice. "Im fine." i wrote on the board, letting Midoriya read it then i brought it down erasing the note to write something else. "its just an after effect. I'm not supposed to talk." "are you sure." i nodded smiling at him. Sir Aizawa came in and homeroom began.