Chapter 138: The Misunderstanding

----- NO ONE'S POV-----

Like they planned, they were preparing for the barrier. Yamato took Kiba, Akamaru, Neji, Shikamaru and Tenten to fortify the UA grounds. Of course they asked the Hokage before all of this. In return she sent a squad of barrier specialists from the village to aid them. Meanwhile, Kakashi and Guy were stuck watching over (Y/n) with nothing but cards to pass the time.  They tried to keep it as quiet as they could... by they i meant Kakashi. Let's be honest Guy was too overly excited to battle with Kakashi.

(Y/n) turned her head scowling at the light that shined into the room. 
"Tch." She clicked her tongue then groaned looking away. Kakashi stood up and walked beside (y/n). 
"Well, Someone's finally awake." Kakashi said.
"Curtain.." She said tiredly.
"Still sleepy after all that napping?" Kakashi said amused.
She turned her head, opening her eyes to look at her masked sensei. "Cruel Sensei.. Cruel."
Kakashi smiled and chuckled turning to the curtain closing them. She sighed in relief. Her eyes scanned the fairly large room. Her eyes on the clock. "4:35"

She turned to her leg that was suspended with a cast on. "What the?" She tried to move her leg but she hissed in pain, she quickly put it back in it's place. 
"Oh. Yeah. You broke your leg back there."
"How? I didn't even feel anything." She looked at Kakashi with a confused look.
"Just rest okay?" Kakashi said. "You've been out for quite a while."
"How long?" She asked.
"About three days.  Almost four if you count today." Kakashi said looking at the clock.
"Four?!" she sat up and hissed before laying back down. She turned her head to the empty bed beside her. Her eyes scanned the room. 
"Naruto's fine. He's with Lord Jiraiya." Kakashi informed. 
"What about the poison?" She asked worried her blood might have carried and passed on the poison to Naruto.
"Calm down." Kakashi said.
"But i need to know what happened sensei." (y/n) said looking at Kakashi.
"No worries. Sakura's already got you covered with the antidote. You're classmates are in school. They escaped with just scrapes and bruises so it's fine." Kakashi said sitting by the foot of her bed. (Y/n) sighed and relaxed laying back down. "Lets talk about something else.." Kakashi got her attention.
"Do you remember anything during your fight with Sasuke?"
"My fight with Sasuke..." She trailed off looking down at the sheets that covered her lower half. "I remember getting mad.. frustrated... Then i saw him running towards me." She trailed off trying looking for the memories. "Then he started throwing punches. It happened too fast..."

"I AM SUFFERING BECAUSE I HAD THOSE TIES!!"

"You're just an orphan!"

"You never had a family!"

"You're still weak.."

She recalled, remembering what Sasuke said before she lost control. Her vision blurred and her eyes watered as she stared at the pristine white sheets that covered her. All those horrible things. Engraved well in her mind, his voice still fresh from memory and the imaginary wound in her pride and in her heart was still bleeding.

"Don't worry about what he said." Kakashi placed a hand on her shoulder. "He's not in his right mind. We'll get him back soon." She lifted her gaze meeting his. "Just like what Naruto said, right?" He said mustering up a smile.

She sniffed and wiped the tears that poured out of her eyes. "Right.." she nodded pulling herself together. But thoughts echoed in her mind. She turned... In the city no less! what were they going to say now? She intertwined her fingers and rubbed her hand trying to calm herself thinking of ways to distract her mind at the moment.

Just before Kakashi could stand, she asked. "When do i get out?"
"Eager?" He asked.
"I want to take a look at the herbs that Sakura gave me. Just in case something like this happens again." She said partly true.