Chapter 178: Sage Mode Continues

-----YOUR POV-----

We were getting ready to go to bed, we wore our pajamas. I gave Naruto a separate blanket because he likes to hog it and when it gets too warm for him he just kicks it to the floor. Which, personally i hate it cuz then i have to suffer through the cold night.

"Good night." I said inching closer to the wall covering myself with the blanket.

"Good night." Naruto replied.

"Good night Gray."

"Gnight." Gray respond.

-

I laid there awake staring at my wall hoping to fall asleep. Ive counted the few bumps on said wall and even glanced up at the pictures that were hung on it but nothing seemed to tire me. It wasn't until Naruto sighed for the third time that got me to speak up.
"Can't sleep?"

"No." He sighed yet again. "You too huh?"

I rolled over now both of us were staring at the ceiling. "Yeah."

"What were tou thinking about?" He asked.

"Nothing really. I was just counting, trying to fall asleep. What about you? Got something on your mind? You kept sighing over and over."

He looked away and folded his hands under his head. "Nothing much just thinking of ways to get stronger. The last thing i was training on was Sage mode but..." He paused, "I don't know how to continue now that he's gone."

I looked away. It was the same for me too. As much as i really want to help him i couldn't. I didn't even have the chance to change. Not even a little bit. He on the other hand, did. "I'd like to help.. but even i couldn't focus and wrap my head around the whole natural energy." He hummed.

"What if i train with you? I teach you how to connect, then once you have got the hang of it maybe teach me a thing or two?" He looked at me hopeful.

One week. I have one week here, just Naruto and me. I guess i could do it. Not like im going anywhere anyways. So might as well do so. I smiled at him. "That sounds like a plan to me."

"Yeah!"

"Hopefully Gray can watch over us so we don't turn into stone."

"No." Gray said bluntly.

"Oop. You're still awake?"

He sighed. "Sadly."

"C'mon man. You gotta help us with this."

"No."

"Why not?!" Naruto whined

"Because! Its hard enough having (y/n) dozing off every now and then. Now i have to deal with you? Sorry but i cant look after two people."

"But you're all we've got!" Naruto is stubborn. Me, personally, i like it. Im okay with it but when he has to argue with someone while being beside me, my ear hurts and it's so damn annoying.

"Ugh! Why dont you just used one of you summons?" Gray said annoyed.

Ah. Peace. Quiet. Tranquility.

My ears rejoiced at the silence that now filled the roo-

"THATS A GREAT IDEA!"

Nope. Nevermind.

Naruto jolted up and sat on the bed facing us. "Why didn't i think of that?" He asked dumbfoundedly.

"Uh. Im lost. Think of what now exactly?" I asked.

"We can asked help from the toads back in Mt. Myoboku. We can summon Gamakichi and Gamatatsu to help us out!"

I looked up at Gray but he didn't seem fazed about Naruto's state. "I guess it's okay. So tomorrow?"